Could Fulton compete or beat Maryville?

HeHatemeNOT

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious from a Fulton fan who all will be back next year. Can they reload again next year and put the same type product on the field . I've heard so much in the past week about the game that is planned between these two football powers next season. Glad this can finally be played and look forward to a great game.

Fulton should have played MHS during this past cycle. I don't know for sure about FHS next season my guess they will fall off, NO way they remain as good as these past two seasons. One thing I haven't seen mentioned about their success these last two years is that they have played about 80% seniors (starters) and very solid ones at that and in high school football you can be successful if you play lots of seniors and they are pretty good. A friend told me (whose close to program) that they have had like 9 or 10 players the last two years with FCS level (or better) offers. So although the mighty Blount Co faithful don't think there any good, the colleges seam to think they have good players..... Obviously MHS and AHS has been dominant for so long and FHS has had some good years too, majority of those years the first two mentioned teams have been better but NO question these last two years FHS could play with either.

Pointless to talk about b/c all you get are opinions. In reality with those two teams and how good they are without playing you couldn't predict an accurate finish. There are reasons of how Fulton could win and plenty reasons of how Maryville could win, both are really good teams and are the best two in Prepxtra area. What MHS has done for so long is beyond impressive. Up until these last two years Maryville would have won hands down in a runaway but these last two years Fulton has been much better and could make it interesting... Unfortunately they don't get too play. Would be great to watch!!

It is being talked about at a high level. Nothing final yet. Could be a big gate but not as big as ALcoa, Heritage or Wm Blount. Possibly dropping Webb.  

New season next year and the fans from both schools are going to have to put the heat on the coaches to play this game and find out and quit avoiding it.  I want to see it, you want to see it so start raising cane about it and maybe they will play. I would rather watch something like that then go see us beat up on a team so bad the whole second half is under the mercy rule. Sick of those type a games. It's getting as boring as going to watch the Smokies play baseball. That's why the stands are halfway empty because it's so predictable anymore. Winning is fun but not when your playing nobody. Lets get this game on the books next year folks.

Barney, It is being discussed at the highest levels.  My guess is that Fulton would replace Webb on our schedule if schools agree to play.  

Would have been an interesting game too see but won't happen so no need in talking about it. Reasons as to why both teams could win the game. Many things can happen in a game, only thing that's for certain (and some will disagree) is that Maryville and Fulton are top two teams in East Tennessee this year.

I still think you have to  throw Alcoa in there as well. 

Fulton should have played MHS during this past cycle. I don't know for sure about FHS next season my guess they will fall off, NO way they remain as good as these past two seasons. One thing I haven't seen mentioned about their success these last two years is that they have played about 80% seniors (starters) and very solid ones at that and in high school football you can be successful if you play lots of seniors and they are pretty good. A friend told me (whose close to program) that they have had like 9 or 10 players the last two years with FCS level (or better) offers. So although the mighty Blount Co faithful don't think there any good, the colleges seam to think they have good players..... Obviously MHS and AHS has been dominant for so long and FHS has had some good years too, majority of those years the first two mentioned teams have been better but NO question these last two years FHS could play with either.

I concede. The MATCHUP of Maryville and Hardin Valley only ended 13 points in Maryville's favor, but Fulton would be lucky to stay within 4 TDs. The Falcons just don't seem to match up well with most teams. They were fortunate to come across Farragut, and as a result, they humiliated them

You've turned the discussion ugly and by doing so, many posters who could contribute something of quality probably have left. I don't know anything about Fulton except their scores and now how badly you are representing them. You have mentioned many scores, but not the Carter score. Why is that?