Cannon County vs Watertown

secretagentman

morning coffee in hand and blogging begins

You can learn a lot just by listening in the stands and these are the comments i caught last night

Yes the HC will probably be talking moral victory to his players....But at game 5 of the season there are too many self inflicted wounds.

Defense looked great in the middle and and i believe there was a new person playing at inside linebacker. 

outside defensive backs (ones closes to the outbound markers) are playing to soft letting the runners get to them instead of going to meet the runners. no containment?

Overall positive comments on defensive play... 

Offensive side got a lot of questions.

going for it on 4th down on the first offensive plays at your own 28 yard line - this brought many comments.

Quarterback in gun set (shotgun or pistol) not sure what that means ....but this term was used when the team got a safety (gun term) in the end zone

But Offense still struggles each week with penalties, fumbles and array of various ways to beat themselves

4th quarterback in 5 games? need to settle on 1 or 2 ???

Why did player not have to leave for being thrown out of the game...not good to be thrown out for fighting ...coaches need to do a better job controlling players tempers - direct reflection on coaches ????

and many more comments - 

I thought the players did a good job being competitive - getting behind by 12 points in the 1st quarter is just too much for this coaching staff and team to overcome. I saw something different tonight.. players didn't give up. younger dark headed coach very energetic and attempting to keep team motivated in the early portion of the game when things were going south. Not sure who is picking wardrobe for Head coach but the Hat was not a good idea (my fashion input). 

final note we had a lot of kids get banged up last night, I hope each one recovers quickly. Players of the team keep working hard it will happen one day.

Parents if you think the game went well - good for you. If not pick your phone up, call the principal and voice your opinion about the state of CC football. Or things will never change. I saw too high ranking administrative people (principal and whatever you call the person who leads the schools in cannon county) THEY SEEMED TO BE VERY PLEASED WITH THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD. CALL THEM AND TELL H0W YOU FEEL!!!!

Solid info girl2, maybe I can help clarify on the shotgun/pistol.

In the shotgun, instead of the quarterback receiving the snap from center at the line of scrimmage, he stands farther behind the line of scrimmage, often five to seven yards back. Sometimes the quarterback will have a back on one or both sides before the snap, while other times he will be the lone player in the backfield with everyone spread out as receivers.

The pistol is a hybrid of the traditional shotgun and single back offenses. In the pistol offense, also commonly referred to as the "pistol formation", the quarterback lines up four yards behind the center, which is much closer than the seven-yard setback in a traditional shotgun formation. The running back then lines up three yards directly behind the quarterback, which is in contrast to the shotgun, where they are beside each other.

The 49ers Kaepernick use to run the pistol at Nevada while in college. It is a thing of beauty with the right qb.

When yall played DC, yall played out of the shotgun far more than in the pistol formation .

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Solid info girl2, maybe I can help clarify on the shotgun/pistol.

In the shotgun, instead of the quarterback receiving the snap from center at the line of scrimmage, he stands farther behind the line of scrimmage, often five to seven yards back. Sometimes the quarterback will have a back on one or both sides before the snap, while other times he will be the lone player in the backfield with everyone spread out as receivers.

The pistol is a hybrid of the traditional shotgun and single back offenses. In the pistol offense, also commonly referred to as the "pistol formation", the quarterback lines up four yards behind the center, which is much closer than the seven-yard setback in a traditional shotgun formation. The running back then lines up three yards directly behind the quarterback, which is in contrast to the shotgun, where they are beside each other.

The 49ers Kaepernick use to run the pistol at Nevada while in college. It is a thing of beauty with the right qb.

When yall played DC, yall played out of the shotgun far more than in the pistol formation .

Thanks DCTIGERFAN...

It's all confusing to watch... but the kids ...it's all about the kids. I had a good group of complainers sitting in my area of the stadium... typical of people to sit and judge, but fail to follow up and hold someone accountable for the status of the program. Similar to the Government in CC.

Maybe we could call this OBAMABALL!!!

I guess whomever started football must have enjoyed guns and hunting too!!

Oh and a big  shout out to the cheerleaders and mascots...ya'll are doing a great job!!!

I will continue to learn (listen) each week as we trek through this season. I think you can learn a lot in a loss... but the amount of losing We (CC) do is a little bit overdone. As you can see from the last 2 season i've followed and if you research the history the last 5 all really sad!!!!