West at Bearden

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the West Defense showed up Friday night and knew that had not played well against Farragut and still won the game.

Knoxvul...I see that you always hate on the Rebels...what is it?

Also I thought the Rebels got 3 pretty terrible calls clipping and one holding call.  Thought against the pass Friday they were pretty good with 2 INTs and one returned for a TD!

I think the West Defense showed up Friday night and knew that had not played well against Farragut and still won the game.

Knoxvul...I see that you always hate on the Rebels...what is it?

Also I thought the Rebels got 3 pretty terrible calls clipping and one holding call. Thought against the pass Friday they were pretty good with 2 INTs and one returned for a TD!

If you have been reading then you should know.

If West can clean up the turnover situation, they are going to be awfully hard to beat.  Should come down to West vs. SD in the quarter final of quad 1, if Oak Ridge gets moved to quad 2 like they have been for the past two years.  If Clinton finishes 7-3 and makes playoffs, I think OR will definitely move to quad 2. 

If West can clean up the turnover situation, they are going to be awfully hard to beat. Should come down to West vs. SD in the quarter final of quad 1, if Oak Ridge gets moved to quad 2 like they have been for the past two years. If Clinton finishes 7-3 and makes playoffs, I think OR will definitely move to quad 2.

OridgeKat...do you think that could really happen? I just figured they would put Oak Ridge and South Doyle as 1 and 2 seed interchangeably in Quad 1 with AC CC and Clinton filling in and 3 teams from upper east tn like Tennessee High, Sullivan South and Daniel Boone.

I figured they'd ship West to Quad 2 as the 3 seed behind Ooletwah and Rhea County...but I have been wrong before. I just think SD, Rhea Co, and Ooletewah are all running the table and Oak Ridge has a great shot to do so as well if they beat AC. It wouldnt be right to put three undefeated district champs in quad 2 so it makes sense to put West in Quad 2.

What does everyone else think?

w4L, who knows. I never can figure it out, and just when I think I've got it.  I watch the selection show and I am way off. lol.   So, I don't know.  Just think if we had a quad 1 with West, AC, SD, and OR.  I guess what I'm trying to do is figure out how OR can get out of that quad and play in 2 where you probably have 1 really good team in Ootlewah.  Maybe we will throw the AC game just to get moved to 2.  just kiddin

w4L, who knows. I never can figure it out, and just when I think I've got it. I watch the selection show and I am way off. lol. So, I don't know. Just think if we had a quad 1 with West, AC, SD, and OR. I guess what I'm trying to do is figure out how OR can get out of that quad and play in 2 where you probably have 1 really good team in Ootlewah. Maybe we will throw the AC game just to get moved to 2. just kiddin

Lol I hear ya...one thing is for sure I believe whoever comes from that big 4 of West, South Doyle, Oak Ridge and AC has a great shot of going all the way...maybe my east tn bias but I'll take any of those four against the best of the west come December

Yes they are and they are another team from this part of the state that has a great shot to go all the way. I will throw Rhea County as another team who has a great shot to go all the way.

Anyway as for this game West should win, but here are some interesting tidbits about this rivalry.

Bearden leads the all-time series dating back until 1969 25-12.

This rivalry is a series of streaks as West has won the last four in a row while Bearden won four in a row before that.

If its a close game Bearden wins most of the time with the lone exception being in 2012 where West only won by a TD.

When the game is a blowout West usually is on the winning side.

Since 1999, the teams have played every season with West holding a 9-6 advantage.

1999 is also interesting bc Bearden won the game, but had to forfeit it due to one of their players being ineligible. West was credited with a 6th victory.

Bill Wilson coached at West for years and had the field named after him. After a 6 year hiatus from coaching, he coached at Bearden one season before passing away tragically in 2007.

Bill Young coached at West briefly and coached many years at Bearden. He has Bearden's stadium named after him.

Sorry if I bored anyone, but I've always found this rivalry special since I attended and played for both schools.

Go West!