Week 6: Science Hill at Tennessee High

BigDave1967

Cap

I watched the game with a friend of mine who went to TN High, even played there. This was the third SH game he's seen this season. He said the SH team he saw Friday night was nothing close to the SH team he watched beat Mo West or Siegel. Even he said that the Vikings caught the Toppers at the seemingly perfect time. He said that had McGue been healthy and our RB Bedard not gone out early he believed the Toppers would have won by 3-4 touchdowns. So I'm just giving you another Viking fan's opinion.

With that said, I've been very complimentary and said from the beginning you guys came in with a great game plan and executed it almost to perfection. You made a couple of mistakes but overall you all played great. SH, on the other hand, gave their worst performance of the season with an ailing QB and sidelined RB.

"Tennessee High controlled the ball for 37:42 of the contest’s 48 minutes and allowed the Hilltoppers to run just 36 plays." (Nate Hubbard Tri Cities.com). This is why this game was as close as it was and why the Hill looked like a different team. Anyone who believes differently is grasping for straws. I will give you the fact that by McGue being limited was without a doubt  in the Vikings best interest, but you simply didn't have the opportunity to run away with this game as you did in the others you mentioned due to the Vikings eating up the clock and scoring. IMO it wasn't a poor performance by the Hilltopper players that changed the face of this team in this game, it was the perfect execution of a brilliant game plan by the Vikings. What you should be worried about is your defense an its inability to stop these long sustained scoring drives that kept that big play offense off the field. Because anyone that has film on this game is going to follow suit. 

Edited by Cap1

"Tennessee High controlled the ball for 37:42 of the contest’s 48 minutes and allowed the Hilltoppers to run just 36 plays." (Nate Hubbard Tri Cities.com). This is why this game was as close as it was and why the Hill looked like a different team. Anyone who believes differently is grasping for straws. I will give you the fact that by McGue being limited was without a doubt  in the Vikings best interest, but you simply didn't have the opportunity to run away with this game as you did in the others you mentioned due to the Vikings eating up the clock and scoring. IMO it wasn't a poor performance by the Hilltopper players that changed the face of this team in this game, it was the perfect execution of a brilliant game plan by the Vikings. What you should be worried about is your defense an its inability to stop these long sustained scoring drives that kept that big play offense off the field. Because anyone that has film on this game is going to follow suit. 

If DB tries it they will get about 10 delay of game penalties.

Cap

I watched the game with a friend of mine who went to TN High, even played there. This was the third SH game he's seen this season. He said the SH team he saw Friday night was nothing close to the SH team he watched beat Mo West or Siegel. Even he said that the Vikings caught the Toppers at the seemingly perfect time. He said that had McGue been healthy and our RB Bedard not gone out early he believed the Toppers would have won by 3-4 touchdowns. So I'm just giving you another Viking fan's opinion.

With that said, I've been very complimentary and said from the beginning you guys came in with a great game plan and executed it almost to perfection. You made a couple of mistakes but overall you all played great. SH, on the other hand, gave their worst performance of the season with an ailing QB and sidelined RB.

Aussie, I've seen the Toppers play two games in person(Siegel, THS) and caught a little bit of the BA stream.  The 1st quarter of the Siegel game you guys were fantastic, but to say that the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters of that game were nothing close to last week's game is a little insulting, because the Hill played pretty poorly in those as well.  It wasn't McGue's feet that impressed me in that game, rather it was his ability to hit his receivers spot on. 

I just feel that after seeing the game, the only way the Toppers would've put up that amount (And I thought they would've going into it) would've been to get the Viking offense off the field.  The Vikings absolutely drained that clock from start to finish and the Toppers scored on nearly every drive they had anyway.  But we're starting to deal with way too many hypotheticals here so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by THSVikings2004

"Tennessee High controlled the ball for 37:42 of the contest’s 48 minutes and allowed the Hilltoppers to run just 36 plays." (Nate Hubbard Tri Cities.com). This is why this game was as close as it was and why the Hill looked like a different team. Anyone who believes differently is grasping for straws. I will give you the fact that by McGue being limited was without a doubt in the Vikings best interest, but you simply didn't have the opportunity to run away with this game as you did in the others you mentioned due to the Vikings eating up the clock and scoring. IMO it wasn't a poor performance by the Hilltopper players that changed the face of this team in this game, it was the perfect execution of a brilliant game plan by the Vikings. What you should be worried about is your defense an its inability to stop these long sustained scoring drives that kept that big play offense off the field. Because anyone that has film on this game is going to follow suit.

Hard to argue his points. It was obvious early on this was the TN HIGH strategy. It was smart and well executed. Two flaws: the inability to pass when SHHS loaded the box and the poor kicking game. When SHHS didn't shoot themselves in the foot they were able to move the ball.

Edited by DayTripper

Hard to argue his points. It was obvious early on this was the TN HIGH strategy. It was smart and well executed. Two flaws: the inability to pass when SHHS loaded the box and the poor kicking game. When SHHS didn't shoot themselves in the foot they were able to move the ball.

Exactly!! With one correction.... It wasn't the inability to pass the ball as you should have been able to tell by the closing drive, it was the unwillingness to pass the ball. Offensive coordinator either doesn't trust the QB or the WRs to make plays. 

Exactly!! With one correction.... It wasn't the inability to pass the ball as you should have been able to tell by the closing drive, it was the unwillingness to pass the ball. Offensive coordinator either doesn't trust the QB or the WRs to make plays. 

Or maybe he was just playing not to lose instead of playing to win.