Coffee County @ Franklin County

delusional32

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their lack of a passing game has really hurt them.  They've only passed for 190 yards the entire season.  Teams are stacking the box and forcing them to try and win the game by throwing the ball over the top which they've been unable to do.  Shelbyville added an eighth guy in the box as a second half adjustment last week and held Franklin County scoreless until a garbage TD at the end of the game.   Coach Carr has got to find away to produce a pass threat if Franklin County has any hope of Post Season play.  

I don't see any way possible  Franklin County beating a solid Hillsboro team which means they must win the other three remaining district games and hope a 5-5 record gets them in the playoffs this season.  Didn't happen last year as they were the first team out after tie-breakers.   There is a chance a 4-2 district record could get them second place after tie-breakers work themselves out.   They would need Tullahoma to pick up a third loss which is possible, but not likely.  Tullahoma still has Lawrence County, Lincoln County, and Coffee County.  A healthy Tullahoma team would be favored in each of those contests.

If you watched the game against Shelbyville you would understand why they don't pass more often. Every time they tried to the quarterback overshot the receiver by 10 yards or more! Franklin county has never been known for a good passing quarterback. Most recent good passing quarterback is probably Richard Hartman in '01.

Yes, I've seen them a couple of times.  I was at the Tullahoma game.   They want be successful until someone can get the ball downfield.   If the QB isn't getting it done, may have to try next kid.  I don't know what the answer is.  I do know the best coaches aren't going to be beaten by a one dimensional offense.

I don't know if FC has more than 2 pass plays in the play book if they do I haven't seen them all season. I will have to say coach Carr surprised Shelbyville in the first half with a I formation which keep them right there with Shelbyville in the first half. I know it surprised me I thought FC would come out in the double wing and by half time Shelbyville would have ran away with the game. FC has to have more successful  pass plays to keep the other teams from stacking the box all game long. Don't know if the coaches will make that happen. Seems to me FC coaches are one dimensional.

Edited by jemarshall32

Franklin County will win when the people of the community support the program in a positive way.  We have a good coaching staff who works their tails off.  As long as the community is negative towards the team, the coaches and the school the kids will not buy in to anything that the coaches are teaching. Its hard to be positive sometimes but your support for our kids and the coaches will show the we are ready to believe in the system. Winnig will come when the community pulls together and supports the football program in a POSITIVE manner. Go Rebels