Week 8:Copper Basin at Boyd Buchanan

BigDave1967

I thought Mc was one dimensional until I saw Basin play. It will be tough for them to beat Boyd without being able to pass. It took copper basin twelve plays to score on our jv and to get over 100 total yards so I am assuming it will be tough sledding against the bucs. Boyd big

Yeah, Basins lack of a passing game is scary.

You have to ride the horse that brought you,I've always favored running the ball. :thumb:;)

Well yeah you do what you do best, but when a team stacks 8 or 9 in the box like Marion did you have to open it up and pass down field. The only way you can do that is when you are much more talented than the other team. In this case, we aren't and weren't on Friday either. Just 4-6 passes a quarter with some positive outcome would keep the defense honest to open up the running game a bit more.

Well yeah you do what you do best, but when a team stacks 8 or 9 in the box like Marion did you have to open it up and pass down field. The only way you can do that is when you are much more talented than the other team. In this case, we aren't and weren't on Friday either. Just 4-6 passes a quarter with some positive outcome would keep the defense honest to open up the running game a bit more.

This will probably be the last season with Marion County and Boyd Buchanan on the schedule. South Pittsburg probably back in CB's region is going to be a tough replacement for BB. If I had to have CB have to go digging for an opponent next season I'd like them to play Murray County(they can't beat anyone).

Edited by BigDave1967

This will probably be the last season with Marion County and Boyd Buchanan on the schedule. South Pittsburg probably back in CB's region is going to be a tough replacement for BB. If I had to have CB have to go digging for an opponent next season I'd like them to play Murray County(they can't beat anyone).

Lol yeah they are pretty awful. But losing some games and being in some nailbiters during the regular season isn't a bad thing.

Yeah, Basins lack of a passing game is scary.

I have watched a couple of Basin games on Hudl. This will be a very competitive game in my opinion. The Basin kids are hard nosed and tough plus they have been in several close ballgames this year. Basin will have the advantage of size in the lines but Boyd will have more speed. Boyd can't line up and pound Basin. They will have to use the passing game to get a lead and force Basin to play from behind. If game is close in second half, the pounding Basin running game will eat clock and give them a chance to win. The same bunch played us to 14-7 last year with game tied in 4th quarter. These are basically the same teams. Possessions will be limited so turnovers are a big factor as well.