Lake County Standout

FutureGM

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very simple. He is from a 1A school in the North West corner of Tn. His team is not blowing everyone out. Because of those 2 factors he is not getting  the attention he should be getting. Not a real mystery here. To get talked about you have to dominate or atleast play close with good teams. That's not happening. The key word is "good" teams.

In all honesty, he might be the most explosive and shifty running back I have seen this year. On one of his touchdown runs, he ran over three Humboldt players. Ricky Henry will get all of the Mr. Football votes out in west TN, but Wilkes is pretty legit and is only a junior.

Edited by GCPioneer

It's very simple. He is from a 1A school in the North West corner of Tn. His team is not blowing everyone out. Because of those 2 factors he is not getting  the attention he should be getting. Not a real mystery here. To get talked about you have to dominate or atleast play close with good teams. That's not happening. The key word is "good" teams.

Against a good team Union City he rushed for 111 yards on only 8 carries. He rushed for 303 against McKenzie. So he does gets yards against good teams. He plays for a small true 1-A team unlike some certain running backs in the area. Take that how you want to.  

Edited by lakecounty1968

Against a good team Union City he rushed for 111 yards on only 8 carries. He rushed for 303 against McKenzie. So he does gets yards against good teams. He plays for a small true 1-A team unlike some certain running backs in the area. Take that how you want to.  

Not sure why individual honors should be determined by whether your team is a "true 1-A team" or not.  Take that how you want to.

No I was just saying he is being overlooked due to playing for a small 1-A school. He does not play for a contender for a state title. Henry will get all the votes due to playing for a contender and being as good as he is. In my opinion Wilkes is the better back but Henry has the better team. Not taking anything away from Union City. I did not mean to sound like I was disrespecting anyone.

Edited by lakecounty1968

No I was just saying he is being overlooked due to playing for a small 1-A school. He does not play for a contender for a state title. Henry will get all the votes due to playing for a contender and being as good as he is. In my opinion Wilkes is the better back but Henry has the better team. Not taking anything away from Union City. I did not mean to sound like I was disrespecting anyone.

I see.  It's just like the voting for AP top ten - half of the voters have never seen one play from scrimmage of the teams on the other side of the state.  That poll has some crazy results as does the voting for individual honors.