Chattanooga Talent? Top Teams?

LadyMustangsCoach

Who's your team Glory? Its OK speak up. Mcminn IMO were underachievers this year MAINLY due to coaching period. And furthermore let's not get on here and be BASHING players either. I think you must have a child that either 1. Plays at Central or 2. Don't play at all or 3. Couldn't make either team so you bash the players. Real mature GLORY.

Who's your team Glory? Its OK speak up. Mcminn IMO were underachievers this year MAINLY due to coaching period. And furthermore let's not get on here and be BASHING players either. I think you must have a child that either 1. Plays at Central or 2. Don't play at all or 3. Couldn't make either team so you bash the players. Real mature GLORY.

That's a strange request coming from you, who has never claimed who your team is. It's okay to speak up.

I thought I had made it clear several times that I pull for McMinn Central. Your thinking is wrong once again, but what's new? I don't have a daughter in high school.

Please tell me how I'm bashing players when I say they aren't talented enough to win in weak district? I know several of the parents of these McMinn girls and they will tell you the same thing about the talent level.

You overestimate coaching having that much to do with the outcome of a team's record, which shows you don't know basketball. With the best coach this McMinn County squad would not have finished much higher in the district. If you knew basketball and watched them play you could see that. And you would have known they did not have the talent to win the district as you said might happen.

Want to try another angle to discuss?

Edited by Glory

Yea that's what I thought , bet your a New England fan now to. And the only parents that would say their kid isn't talented enough must be the ones not playing. That's ridiculous, no one and I mean no parent ofa kid that starts and plays aa lot of minutes for a 3A school would NEVER say their kid wasn't talented. CMON MAN that's lame. I guess we just agree to disagree about the coaching their. I still say a big 3A school like McMinn should strive for BETTER at the coaching level.

Yea that's what I thought , bet your a New England fan now to. And the only parents that would say their kid isn't talented enough must be the ones not playing. That's ridiculous, no one and I mean no parent ofa kid that starts and plays aa lot of minutes for a 3A school would NEVER say their kid wasn't talented. CMON MAN that's lame. I guess we just agree to disagree about the coaching their. I still say a big 3A school like McMinn should strive for BETTER at the coaching level.

Check my history and you'll see I've always been a McMinn Central fan. But I'm not a homer that overlooks the truth like you do. You still haven't admitted what team you're a fan of. Since you are defending McMinn's girls I think you have a daughter playing for them so your feelings got hurt when I said they weren't "that talented" to win in a weak district. Finishing 6th in your district and losing to the 7th place team in the first round of the district tournament has a lot more to do with talent than coaching.

You're trying to put words in my mouth because you can't debate what I actually said. I admire parents recognizing their child isn't as talented or athletic as others they'll compete against. It's called not wearing blinders and accepting truth. Not a one of them said their child wasn't talented and I never said that. Do you see a difference in high school girls signing with Tennessee or Connecticut compared to those playing for local teams? It's called talent differential, which is what I was referring to.

Check my history and you'll see I've always been a McMinn Central fan. But I'm not a homer that overlooks the truth like you do. You still haven't admitted what team you're a fan of. Since you are defending McMinn's girls I think you have a daughter playing for them so your feelings got hurt when I said they weren't "that talented" to win in a weak district. Finishing 6th in your district and losing to the 7th place team in the first round of the district tournament has a lot more to do with talent than coaching.

You're trying to put words in my mouth because you can't debate what I actually said. I admire parents recognizing their child isn't as talented or athletic as others they'll compete against. It's called not wearing blinders and accepting truth. Not a one of them said their child wasn't talented and I never said that. Do you see a difference in high school girls signing with Tennessee or Connecticut compared to those playing for local teams? It's called talent differential, which is what I was referring to.

OK, agree to disagree but you surely arent defending the coaching are you? Your telling me that, this is the best Mcminn can do? Even if the talent level isnt what it should be the coaching should. I know this, you never pull your starters 3 min. in for the rest of the game  just because they fell down early by 10. Everyone knows that a team might come out HOT or COLD. Who knows? They are teenage girls. To me that was the straw that broke the camels back or in other words proved that its definitely time for a change.

This was a bad year for McMinn! It's very difficult in AAA to play so many Freshman but at least they got some good experience! Pulling upperclassmen early in games because of slow starts was bad Coaching! Overall I do believe McMinn had the talent to win a few more games! I do believe some changes are necessary not only at the HS level but besides 1 or 2 Coaches at the MS and Elem. School level Coaching is bad! 

02BBALL and SJF, I don't know the details about the coach pulling the starters other than stories I've heard from some McMinn player's parent. They don't mislead (or think their daughter's are div. 1 material) so I take what they say as truth. They said he pulled the upperclassmen at East Hamilton after a few minutes because they weren't doing what he told them to do even after using a timeout to clarify. He won that game playing freshmen. When they played that same East Hamilton team last week he left the starters in almost the whole game and they lost. So maybe he should have been playing more freshmen since some of his upperclassmen aren't that good? Of the two seniors starters on the team, neither of them are leaders and they aren't really better players than the freshmen. I'm basing this on 4 games I saw them play this season. The junior starter is the only above average talented girl on the team, and she gets in foul trouble easily. McMinn's coach was second in the district last year because he had two seniors who were leaders and pretty good players. And the district was much stronger last year than it is this year. Any successful coach has to have some players who are leaders and pretty good players and who will do what he tells them. He doesn't appear to have that this year in his senior starters. I've seen Central's coach do the same thing in pulling girls out of anger or frustration and it's puzzled me. Maybe he had a good reason just like McMinn's coach, even though I didn't agree. McMinn's coach has not had much talent in several years because they come to Central, so it's hard to say how good or bad of a coach he is.

Well at Central pulling some starters early for subs usually puts players at equal or in some cases better more athletic players on the floor considering Central goes 12 or more players deep! McMinn does not have this luxury! I have seen McMinns players in all 4 classes play AAU ball vs better competition than HS and they play better for their tournament teams! Now that tells me that good players playing with other talented players makes you look better! Again a luxury Central has all their players are very talented! But personally I appreciate all the players on both teams they work hard and give their best! 

02BBALL and SJF, I don't know the details about the coach pulling the starters other than stories I've heard from some McMinn player's parent. They don't mislead (or think their daughter's are div. 1 material) so I take what they say as truth. They said he pulled the upperclassmen at East Hamilton after a few minutes because they weren't doing what he told them to do even after using a timeout to clarify. He won that game playing freshmen. When they played that same East Hamilton team last week he left the starters in almost the whole game and they lost. So maybe he should have been playing more freshmen since some of his upperclassmen aren't that good? Of the two seniors starters on the team, neither of them are leaders and they aren't really better players than the freshmen. I'm basing this on 4 games I saw them play this season. The junior starter is the only above average talented girl on the team, and she gets in foul trouble easily. McMinn's coach was second in the district last year because he had two seniors who were leaders and pretty good players. And the district was much stronger last year than it is this year. Any successful coach has to have some players who are leaders and pretty good players and who will do what he tells them. He doesn't appear to have that this year in his senior starters. I've seen Central's coach do the same thing in pulling girls out of anger or frustration and it's puzzled me. Maybe he had a good reason just like McMinn's coach, even though I didn't agree. McMinn's coach has not had much talent in several years because they come to Central, so it's hard to say how good or bad of a coach he is.

So your telling me that the coach won the first game with freshman. Then turned right around and played his upper classmen in the district elimination game. That almost looks like he wanted to lose, right. And whos to say if he puts the uppers back in after the time out they wont get the job done. Thats a ridiculous statement to say he won with freshman and then not play them against the very same team to advance in district play. COACHING at Mcminn needs a change. If he was a football coach Mcminn would not put up with the win-loss record for as long as they have.

So your telling me that the coach won the first game with freshman. Then turned right around and played his upper classmen in the district elimination game. That almost looks like he wanted to lose, right. And whos to say if he puts the uppers back in after the time out they wont get the job done. Thats a ridiculous statement to say he won with freshman and then not play them against the very same team to advance in district play. COACHING at Mcminn needs a change. If he was a football coach Mcminn would not put up with the win-loss record for as long as they have.

It's almost as ridiculous as someone predicting before the season that McMinn's girl might win the district with this same coach they are now saying needs to be fired!

I only provided you the facts of what happened between the two games. You can accept them or not.

I am not going to mention names but the reason one upperclassmen played most all the time later in the season was because her dad constantly complained to the athletic director. He thought she was a super star and he wanted her to lead the team in points hoping she would get a scholarship to a big school. She heard how great she was from him all the time because she carried that "me" attitude with her teammates which caused problems. When this happened the team started going downhill. McMinn actually played better a lot of times as a team without her on the floor. This is my opinion and that of many others.

I thought both McMinn's boys and girls basketball coaches should have already been replaced, so I'm not saying they should keep him. I am saying he didn't have much to work with this year and the teammates had problems because of no leadership, lack of talent and depth, and selfishness.