Milan VS Martin round II

sls

The dawgs have so many ways to beat you that I would think

Westview would have a harder time of preparing for them than they did in week 2. The o-line has really come together

and the D-line has two key players injured earlier in the season back, so now they should really have some depth there. They have a perfect balance of run and pass. Plus,

the dawgs are hard to beat at Johnny Hale Stadium. I really

don't think it will be as close as the last game.

Unlike 90% of the other HS teams, Milan is very comfortable throwing the ball. The QB has the best arm I've seen in a long time plus #87 catches everything that comes close. They don't wait until third and long to pass, especially in the playoffs.

I think Milan will beat Westview by 10 points. If Milan get ahead, the Charger fans will see Rod Smith run and run and run.

shold be in the best shape they have been all year. Everyone is finally healthy. They pretty much rested the defense against Humboldt and everyone rested against Oakhaven. If Walker can become like Beasley and catch every thing he should catch, look out Blue Cross bowl.

Well I agree Milan throws and runs very well, but dont forget about Westviews Hill and Laney. Hill has run for over 1,000 yards, again, and Laney has thrown for more than 1,000 to a very good recieving core. Considering their lack of depth and experience on the o line and almost everywhere else for that matter, I think Westview has done a fine job this year. Good luck to both teams this weekend. Guys I do smell one thing though.... an upset! :rolleyes:

[Edited by chargerman4 on 11-11-02 2:40P]

Guest westztd

I think the only way Westview can make it interesting is if the defense that played Milan in the 2nd half of their first game shows up for 4 quarters. They will have to prove they can stop the run; something they couldn't do the first half of the last Milan game, nor vs Huntingdon or Union City. If they do, I still think Westview will have to avoid the typical turnovers they have every week (especially with the punting team; as the first game vs Milan and the game vs Union City was horrendous), and someone (wide receiver) will have to step up and catch the ball for a change. In my opinion, Laney has as good an arm and is as good a passer as anyone, but he does not have anyone who catches the ball consistently. In the first game against Milan, his passes were bouncing off his receiver's shoulder pads and helmets and everywhere else except being caught. And it has continued all year as far as dropped passes are concerned. Plus, Milan is just too talented and versatile (both run and pass). It will take a near perfect game by Westview to win. And don't forget, Milan is predominately a team filled with Juniors. Look out next year.

This years Milan team reminds me of last years Westview team. They are able to move the ball up and down the field however the want to. It will take a complete team effort and absolutly NO mistakes(turnovers/shanked punts/missed extra points)to even have a chance. The key to the game will be the O-line. Westview receivers were open last game, but Laney has to have time to throw and they have to get yards on the ground.

It will either be a close Westview win or a Milan blowout.