Class AAA State Tournament Bracket

Utkfan00

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just figured you had the numbers wrong?

Paschal is the centerpiece of that team. There's a reason why all the top programs in the country are interested in her.

Ravenwood has a great team and some good players coming up. However, Franklin has a ton of very good club kids coming ip the ranks as does CPA.

I am sure you are right. Yesterday, it looked like to me that #18 had the best game. Much of the action was going through her. But it was just one game. I look forward to their matchup today.

My take on the two AAA games tonight:

Clarksville 4 - Collierville 1

Collierville matched up with Clarksville in terms of speed much better than Oakland from the Quarters. They pressured Clarksville early from the left side, but could not get many shots on goal throughout the game. #3 for Collierville, a good technical player with speed and power scored Collierville's only goal from some distance over the keepers head.

Clarksville's speed, passing game and just gut determination was again fun to watch. #14, a forward for Clarksville, is a tough matchup for anyone. And she will give Houston some problems in the final. She seemingly goes 100% the whole goal and never lacks for stamina. The back line did really well for Clarksville. Overall, except for the first fifteen minutes, Clarksville was dominate throughout.

Houston 4 - Ravenwood 1

Playerscoach, you are correct, #16 was outstanding. I still contend that #18 for Ravenwood is pretty darn good too. Houston shell shocked Ravenwood early with multiple goals. The first half was all Houston. Credit Ravenwood with staying in it though and not giving up. With it 4-1, Ravenwood had one shot go off the cross bar, and another one with a scrum where Houston Keeper made an outstanding save, and a defender was in the right place on the deflection shot (although many fans contended that she hand balled the shot to make the save). While the game score was lopsided, the intensity was great and Ravenwood was very close to getting back into it. Ravenwood outplayed Houston in the 2nd half.

Houston had tremendous speed up front with their forwards. The play went primarily through the left forward (can't remember her number). Ravenwood's back four had quite a time trying to match Houston's speed. Houston's keeper played outstanding. And Houston's back four played outstanding too.

Thoughts on the final:

Forwards: Push

Midfield: Edge Clarksville

Defense: Edge Houston

Keeper: Edge Houston

I'll stay with my original pick: Houston over Clarksville with a 3-2 score prediction.

Good stuff! I didn't see the Houston score coming. Big shocker! Especially considering the scout I had Inre their game with St George's. It's almost incomprehensible to me that St Georges tied Houston and Ravenwood lost to Houston???

Clarksville speed has given folks a fit this year. I talked to some Franklin folks and they were surprised at their speed. The final ought to be very good!!

Salera Jordan is one of the fittest high school players I have seen in a long time -- work rate, speed, everything. The fact that her dad was also Clarksville's (and before that Franklin's) wrestling coach might have something to do with it. The thing about Clarksville is that, whenever they are out of possession, they apply pressure everywhere in order to get the ball back. They are relentless.

And Houston's speed and technical ability are pretty much off the charts. The championship should be a good game.