District 10A Championship - CA @ NCS

NCSdad1962

I feel like every time I get on this website it's the same people complaining about each other. Why don't we do ourselves a favor and let the kids play ball and not have a bunch of 45 year old men complaining about how they didn't live up to their own dreams in high school and now have to live that out through their son. Seriously find something better to do with your lives. 

I feel like every time I get on this website it's the same people complaining about each other. Why don't we do ourselves a favor and let the kids play ball and not have a bunch of 45 year old men complaining about how they didn't live up to their own dreams in high school and now have to live that out through their son. Seriously find something better to do with your lives. 

Certainly everyone has an opinion and you are entitled to yours. Message boards like these are a form of entertainment for some people, either posting, reading, or both. Just because you might cringe or shy away at sharing your thoughts/analysis in a public manner others enjoy the discussion and banter. No one is trying to live out crushed dreams through posting opinions and commentary, it is simply discussing the facts at hand. That is why message boards were created. 

If you don't like to follow the banter, then you have a choice, don't  get on the web-site. But just because you don't like to share your insight/opinions in such a manner, you shouldn't adopt a "holier than thou" attitude and attack those who choose to. If everybody was like the way you think people should be/act then all there would be is an empty message board and people walking around thinking they are better than everyone else because of their beliefs or actions. There's already too much of that going on at SOME churches in this country. 

Through these message board, fans and parents celebrate and discuss football games played by brave young men who give blood, sweat, and tears to a game which people love. Sometimes the discussions get a little personal but at the end of the day, everyone usually comes together and compliments the other team, coaches, and fans. 

If you want to be a potted plant, then there's nothing wrong with that, the world needs ferns. But the world also needs advocates for or against positions and/or past and future events. Conflicts are best resolved through written or spoken words. 

Edited by kenmynattcpa

To each his own. Pretty obvious that sports gets me riled up (did when I played too). Same for politics - lol. But if an argument breaks out about what color the flowers should be on the dining room table..... I'll just walk into the other room.

The young man that left last night is a freshman, he was in playing for my son. He has whiplash and should be okay. We have another young man with a severe concussion, he left in the first 10 mins of last nights game.

Sorry to hear about the concussion. We know that road all too well. Good to hear about the other boy. Thanks for the update.

Wanted to get on hear an congratulate NCS for the dominate win over Clarksville Academy last night. Clarksville Academy failed to get the job done. Not what I expected and we got work to do to fix it. I'm sure our boys will have a busy upcoming week of practice.

No need to comment on all the other things that have been stated on this thread. I will certainly disagree with some and don't want to argue. I do support our coaching staff.

The two running backs, number's 12 and 35 were basically unstoppable last night. Our defense was on the field on most of the night because our offense couldn't get anything going. I will credit that to NCS defense, especially # 35. This kid is the best football player I have seen all season that plays both ways.

Good luck to NCS in the playoffs. I see we travel to Huntland for the 1st round of the playoffs. Hope to play you again in the Quad 3 final game.

Go Cougars!

Wanted to get on hear an congratulate NCS for the dominate win over Clarksville Academy last night. Clarksville Academy failed to get the job done. Not what I expected and we got work to do to fix it. I'm sure our boys will have a busy upcoming week of practice.

No need to comment on all the other things that have been stated on this thread. I will certainly disagree with some and don't want to argue. I do support our coaching staff.

The two running backs, number's 12 and 35 were basically unstoppable last night. Our defense was on the field on most of the night because our offense couldn't get anything going. I will credit that to NCS defense, especially # 35. This kid is the best football player I have seen all season that plays both ways.

Good luck to NCS in the playoffs. I see we travel to Huntland for the 1st round of the playoffs. Hope to play you again in the Quad 3 final game.

Go Cougars!

I don't know if you've been to Huntland or not but your in for a long ride from Clarksville!

I don't know if you've been to Huntland or not but your in for a long ride from Clarksville!

Nope, never been there. Hoping school arranges for fan buses for a small fee. It's about 160 miles one way. I'm looking foward to playing someone different. After last night hope we have a good week of practice.

Edited by gtripledip

Congrats to NCS for a convincing win Friday night. NCS got lucky with a few face masks and holding calls missed by refs but would that have made a difference in the outcome...no way. NCS has the depth most if not all the other schools in 1A are missing which makes them hard to beat. But I have to give a shout out to CA for having the lead and hanging with NCS the first half. Those boys fought hard. Towards the end I was disappointed with how out of control both teams seemed to get. Emotions were running high, mouths were running and it started to go beyond physical to violent. I just wish the refs would have taken more control.

Again congrats to NCS. I will eat my words now as I predicted the score would be closer and CA might pull the upset. I have no doubt these two teams will meet again in round 3. CA got lucky with their bracket and have two easy teams to go through until they meet the Eagles again.      

Congrats to NCS for a convincing win Friday night. NCS got lucky with a few face masks and holding calls missed by refs but would that have made a difference in the outcome...no way. NCS has the depth most if not all the other schools in 1A are missing which makes them hard to beat. But I have to give a shout out to CA for having the lead and hanging with NCS the first half. Those boys fought hard. Towards the end I was disappointed with how out of control both teams seemed to get. Emotions were running high, mouths were running and it started to go beyond physical to violent. I just wish the refs would have taken more control.

Again congrats to NCS. I will eat my words now as I predicted the score would be closer and CA might pull the upset. I have no doubt these two teams will meet again in round 3. CA got lucky with their bracket and have two easy teams to go through until they meet the Eagles again.      

No need to eat words.  Unless you see us play each week, you just don't know what you are up against.  The weapons change from week to week to keep opponents off balance.  After last week you might think, all we have to do is stop #12 and #35.  Simply not true.  I fully believe the CA folks thought they could hang with us.  And I wouldn't expect them to come on here and say anything different.  But I really believe we could play that game 10 times and the outcome would be the same.  We are talking about two different levels of talent (on the team level).  #15 and #22 and #12 (I'm sure I missed a few) are very good players.  But as a whole, NCS is a 3-4 TD better team.

I'm not so sure about getting two easy teams in the bracket draw.  Columbia Academy is the #1 seed in our Quad.  I've seen them play this year.  It will be very difficult for Clarksville to beat Columbia.