District 10A Championship - CA @ NCS

NCSdad1962

The weapons don't change and I have seen them play several time they have 3-3 great players a solid supporting cast who are well coached across the board. When is some one going to ask how all those athletes get Into nashville Christian being a div 1 school with not scholarship or financial aid? It all corresponds with the coaching change a couple years back. Call it what you want but coincidence is not the word I would use. Just go to div2 with the rest of the schools recruiting at least it is more legitimate.

The weapons don't change and I have seen them play several time they have 2-3 great players a solid supporting cast who are well coached across the board. When is someone going to ask how all those athletes get Into Nashville Christian being a div 1 school with no scholarship or financial aid? It all corresponds with the coaching change a couple years back. Call it what you want but coincidence is not the word I would use. Just go to div2 with the rest of the schools recruiting at least it is more legitimate.

Edited by NonUTFan

All the way back to preseason I was going for a WC vs NCS matcup in the playoffs because I knew we had the team and depth to beat them and give UC a run. Now with all the injuries I don't know how these playoffs will play out or if WC even has enough left to make it to NCS, but regardless I still think UC is the team to beat. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I'm not buying in on all the hype. Until they beat a top notched veer running team, a healthy one, I'm not changing my mind.

The weapons don't change and I have seen them play several time they have 2-3 great players a solid supporting cast who are well coached across the board. When is someone going to ask how all those athletes get Into Nashville Christian being a div 1 school with no scholarship or financial aid? It all corresponds with the coaching change a couple years back. Call it what you want but coincidence is not the word I would use. Just go to div2 with the rest of the schools recruiting at least it is more legitimate.

Thanks for gracing us with your presence again. My life will never be the same.

BTW - your hatred toward "athletes" is showing.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I have changed my preseason pick from UC to NCS to represent the west in Cookeville this yr. The win over EN solidified it for me,you all have an outstanding football team!  UC is also outstanding but this NCS team wow!

I wouldn't go quite that far.  We have two tough schools to get through before getting to UC.  Wayne County has been decimated with injuries so very hard to tell how that one will turn out.  And then we would have to beat Columbia Academy the following week.  I went to the WC/CA game and Columbia showed me more than they brought to Nashville last year.  Both weeks will be tough for us.

And like wildcat89 said earlier, the last two years we have been knocked out by teams running very effective offensive schemes that we never see during the regular season (Huntingdon with the Warbritton kid and UC last year).  

Is there any way we can get the video of the CA kid tackling the CA kid that was chasing the NCS kicker.  Too funny, never seen that before

That was hilarious.  I know several of our parents sought out the courageous young man to congratulate him on being a stand-up kid.

The action took place outside of view of our hudl film.  But if you saw where the CA camera was placed, it would be on their film - I'm sure they'd be glad to provide a copy  :popcorneater:

“Give all the credit to Nashville Christian because they deserve to be the district champs,†Clarksville Academy coach Todd Hood said. “They are strong, physical and well coached. But I am proud of our kids … to actually have a lead on a team like Nashville Christian.â€

This quote is quite telling.  I guess to hold a lead on NCS is some sort of moral victory.  Last time I checked it doesn't mean much unless you hold that lead at 0:00 in the fourth quarter.  Doesn't bode well if these two meet again.

“Give all the credit to Nashville Christian because they deserve to be the district champs,†Clarksville Academy coach Todd Hood said. “They are strong, physical and well coached. But I am proud of our kids … to actually have a lead on a team like Nashville Christian.â€

This quote is quite telling.  I guess to hold a lead on NCS is some sort of moral victory.  Last time I checked it doesn't mean much unless you hold that lead at 0:00 in the fourth quarter.  Doesn't bode well if these two meet again.

No, it probably doesn't bode well if they meet again.  But the comment by Hood was a classy assessment of NCS by a coach who's team had just been soundly defeated by them.  He was paying a compliment to the NCS players and coaches, and program.  Somehow, you find a way to demean him, and his program, and the kids (children) who just played the game.  They are kids you know.  The one who went to the hospital by ambulance on a back board is 14.  Congratulations....some of you folks on here are pretty good at heckling kids.   I have not met many people in my life who want to heckle children and revel in their failure, but there sure seems to be quite a collection of them here.  

It would be great if you collective NCS dads could have a reasonable and mature conversation about kids playing high school sports without trying to degrade and demean them.  Y'all seem to enjoy degrading other people almost as much as you enjoy heaping accolades on your own kids and beating your chests.  If your kid is good, and your team is good, we can see it.   You don't have to get on here an rub it in everyone's face ad nauseam - we get it.  Your team is good, and our coach, along with many other posters has said as much.  Be proud of NCS and support them in the playoffs.  I'd love to be able to do the same, but you folks make it tough.  

Y'all could take the fun out of a clown convention.   

• Upvote 2

No, it probably doesn't bode well if they meet again. But the comment by Hood was a classy assessment of NCS by a coach who's team had just been soundly defeated by them. He was paying a compliment to the NCS players and coaches, and program. Somehow, you find a way to demean him, and his program, and the kids (children) who just played the game. They are kids you know. The one who went to the hospital by ambulance on a back board is 14. Congratulations....some of you folks on here are pretty good at heckling kids. I have not met many people in my life who want to heckle children and revel in their failure, but there sure seems to be quite a collection of them here.

It would be great if you collective NCS dads could have a reasonable and mature conversation about kids playing high school sports without trying to degrade and demean them. Y'all seem to enjoy degrading other people almost as much as you enjoy heaping accolades on your own kids and beating your chests. If your kid is good, and your team is good, we can see it. You don't have to get on here an rub it in everyone's face ad nauseam - we get it. Your team is good, and our coach, along with many other posters has said as much. Be proud of NCS and support them in the playoffs. I'd love to be able to do the same, but you folks make it tough.

Y'all could take the fun out of a clown convention.

I'm not associated with NCS - sorry for the confusion. Am following them closely though. I think if you'll take the time to read their interactions with other schools you'll not find the animosity that exists with CA. Wonder if those videos posted last week have anything to do with that. Those were pretty damning. Sounds like they continued into the last game. I'll probably be at the CA vs CA game. Your guys will be in for a surprise if they go after the Columbia kicker.