tssaa 2a playoff bracket

BDF36

Guest Fall101

I expect to see a upward trend in the ppg category soon. Probably can't do that against the best in the state but then again who knows. RW, Hampton, Coalfield, & Greenback are all talked about in late November discussions & the highest there was 14 in RW & we melted down late in that one in week 0 having been up 13-0 with 4:00 left in the game.

Should have never been in that situation. Missed 2 FGS and and extra point if i remember correctly

That was one of my many foot in mouth moments....

I didn't bring it up way back then. I was afraid we'd have a game where someone lit us up & didn't wanna give you any cannon fodder to return fire with during the regular season. November is here so all the ppg for & against, opponent records, state rankings junk is out the window. It's 5 (or 4) one game seasons. Survive any way possible each week as long as ya can.

Crow, how much more dangerous would you consider this Oneida team if #2 and #33 hadn't went down with season ending injuries?

About 4.6 seconds & 5.7 yards per carry respectively :D seriously though, they are missed & were 2 more very capable backs to spread the load to. #2 made the jet a lil jettier (new word alert) & #33 was another middle threat but as far as from an opponent defense stand point they probably widen a little if #2 motions from the wing or add fudge a safety over a step or two if he's at WR but I don't think much else changes from that perspective. As far as losing 2 senior leaders with a ton of game experience it's huge.

Also can't forget in addition to losing 2 starting back we also lost a starting LB & corner on D and a gunner & up back on punt cover, 2 from punt return, also both played kick cover & KOR.

Edited by crow

Guest Fall101

About 4.6 seconds & 5.7 yards per carry respectively :D seriously though, they are missed & were 2 more very capable backs to spread the load to. #2 made the jet a lil jettier (new word alert) & #33 was another middle threat but as far as from an opponent defense stand point they probably widen a little if #2 motions from the wing or add fudge a safety over a step or two if he's at WR but I don't think much else changes from that perspective. As far as losing 2 senior leaders with a ton of game experience it's huge.

I agree! i worry about the offense from a standpoint of are we gonna be able to open it up and spread people out when they stack 10 in the box. Everyone knows Oneida is a run heavy offense, and if and when they shut that down can we open up the passing game and spread them back out. I feel in recent years in playoffs our achilles heel has been spreading people out and throwing the ball when they stop our run game!

I agree! i worry about the offense from a standpoint of are we gonna be able to open it up and spread people out when they stack 10 in the box. Everyone knows Oneida is a run heavy offense, and if and when they shut that down can we open up the passing game and spread them back out. I feel in recent years in playoffs our achilles heel has been spreading people out and throwing the ball when they stop our run game!

Yeah, not often you can line up & mash your way to cookeville. Most years you're gonna have to make them keep enough out of the box to respect the pass but if I were them I'd do the same thing. I'd make us prove we were gonna do it enough to make me play it. I'd give up 3 or 4 completions per game if I knew that's all there were gonna be. Defenses won't back off until ya hurt em a little with it.

Guest Fall101

Yeah, not often you can line up & mash your way to cookeville. Most years you're gonna have to make them keep enough out of the box to respect the pass but if I were them I'd do the same thing. I'd make us prove we were gonna do it enough to make me play it. I'd give up 3 or 4 completions per game if I knew that's all there were gonna be. Defenses won't back off until ya hurt em a little with it.

I would like to see at least 10-12 pass attempts a game to keep them honest. I feel it would open up our run game more. Make it easier to run a draw or 2 or anything to keep the D guessing.

Edited by Fall101