tssaa 2a playoff bracket

BDF36

Guest Fall101

I am asking because I dont know? Who have you actually played that is worth a darn?

1. Hampton #6 in 2A

2. Coalfield #7 in 1A

3. Greenback #5 in 1A

4. Rockwood- Has recieved votes in 2A top 10. They did beat us 14-13. Most points Oneida has given up all year.

Only giving up 6.7 PPG! 

Edited by Fall101

At any rate, I will state my disagreement one more time and then be done. I do not think teams who finished 3rd & 4th in their district, and did not qualify as wild cards in the matrix, should've been placed in the playoffs simply because the teams above them did something to get banned. Ask Watertown how they feel going 5-5 and getting shut out of the playoffs because of the rule.

I agree 100%. Watertown got hosed. Those teams aren't even 4-6 good. The ONLY reason 2/3 of the teams in that region ever get a single win is because they play each other. Bunch of out of the basement charter teams that probably have a hard time even lining up correctly.

6 of our 10 opponents are still playing. Of the other 4, 3 are district games so have to play those. Total opponents record 51-49, combined record of the 6 playoff teams on the schedule is 42-18. Our overall strength of schedule is #25 in class A (includes playoff class A & AA) and the strength+success rank is #2 in the same A(A & AA) class. 4 of our opponents are regularly included in quarterfinal /semifinal conversations (Rockwood, Hampton, Greenback, Coalfield) but those predictions we will have to see how that goes. Total scoring for all 10 games was 303-59, against the 6 playoff teams was 111-44, and the 4 ranked teams was 62-37. I did most of these figures in my head so don't hold my feet to close to the fire if I made an error some where. Please feel free to double check my math.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Lots of crazy weirdness when it comes to playoff seeding in current system. But its last year for that mess. For all its faults, this new system being forced on everyone does have a better, easier to be understood, straight up playoff system that is more fair imo.

1. Hampton #6 in 2A

2. Coalfield #7 in 1A

3. Greenback #5 in 1A

4. Rockwood- Has recieved votes in 2A top 10. They did beat us 14-13. Most points Oneida has given up all year.

Only giving up 6.7 PPG!

My math is 5.9 ppg. Rockwood-14, Hampton-8, Wartburg-0, Watertown-7, Greenback-7, Oakdale-7, OS-0, Coalfield-8, Sunbright-0, Jellico-8 = 59 points / 10 games = 5.9 ppg.

My math is 5.9 ppg. Rockwood-14, Hampton-8, Wartburg-0, Watertown-7, Greenback-7, Oakdale-7, OS-0, Coalfield-8, Sunbright-0, Jellico-8 = 59 points / 10 games = 5.9 ppg.

You can win a lot of games if the offense scores 14 pts and you're only giving up 5.9 pts per game...lol

Edited by gcapride

Guest hevyrevy1611

Impressive indeed. The world's about to see if y'all can keep that up against the best teams in state. Mega congrats and huge kudos if you do!

Guest Fall101

Crow, you are correct. I misread the standings for total D that coacht had up. 5.9ppg sounds even better! 

Impressive indeed. The world's about to see if y'all can keep that up against the best teams in state. Mega congrats and huge kudos if you do!

I expect to see a upward trend in the ppg category soon. Probably can't do that against the best in the state but then again who knows. RW, Hampton, Coalfield, & Greenback are all talked about in late November discussions & the highest there was 14 in RW & we melted down late in that one in week 0 having been up 13-0 with 4:00 left in the game.