Clinton 7-3 @ Cleveland 5-5 First Round

dragnfan

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Clintons players showed great sportsmanship till the remaining seconds of the game and one of the players got a unsportsmanlike call. Then while both teams were shaking hands tried to fight a Cleveland players again. The player was ejected but do the Clinton fans know if he's a senior? If not he will be suspended to start next season too.

I agree. I was very impressed by the Sportsmanship shown by Clinton from the first play until the last drive when Cleveland was just taking a knee with under a minute left. It looked like they (or maybe just one player) were trying to start something just to get a Cleveland player ejected for next week. And then one of Clintons coaches started acting very childish after the handshake & tried to start more. Kind of a weird ending for a team that played with exemplary character for the first 47 minutes.

I agree. I was very impressed by the Sportsmanship shown by Clinton from the first play until the last drive when Cleveland was just taking a knee with under a minute left. It looked like they (or maybe just one player) were trying to start something just to get a Cleveland player ejected for next week. And then one of Clintons coaches started acting very childish after the handshake & tried to start more. Kind of a weird ending for a team that played with exemplary character for the first 47 minutes.

I agree, I didn't see the coaches handshake. But the whole game Clinton helped Cleveland up from the field. That last possession surprised me

Yeah, not sure why the game had to go ugly there at the end.  Frustration, I'm sure, but hated to see it go downhill after such a good game sportsmanship-wise.

Heard things went bad on the handshake...coach(es) from Clinton yelling at Cleveland players, and even one Clinton school admin on the field exchanging words with one of our injured players.  Should never end up that way..

Hate it for all involved.  Good luck to Clinton next year.  Raiders live to see another game!

wasn't there-i do know #5 and he's a great kid-one you'd want in your fox hole or on your squad-he's a scrapper!!!

anybody got stats for the game? just wonderin what happened to da chs O? still sucks dat woods and thackerson didnt get to play together!!! best of luck to woods, thackerson and the dragons next year!!!

what stats would you like?

The CHS "O" was running a very conservative package due to injuries and a new QB.  Wasn't pretty but good enough to win.