RD 1 HUNTINGDON VS TRENTON

horse

I guess you two will be arguing this time next year,on who should be playing. Because I don't see next years team making it any further than this years team.

Sadly I agree with you. I watched our running backs carry the ball like a loaf of bread all year long. Anybody who didn't see that fumble Fri night coming with the way the ball was being carried was blind. 2ndly our defensive backs have 0 technique in pass coverage. Neither of these issues were ever fixed this season. As a matter of fact they haven't been fixed over a few seasons. Makes you wonder if our coaches don't spend too much time on offensive formations and blocking schemes and exotic defensive shifts and blitz packages and let the basics fall through the cracks. I'm not knocking the players, they have to be taught.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I agree with you. I watched our running backs carry the ball like a loaf of bread all year long. Anybody who didn't see that fumble Fri night coming with the way the ball was being carried was blind. 2ndly our defensive backs have 0 technique in pass coverage. Neither of these issues were ever fixed this season. As a matter of fact they haven't been fixed over a few seasons. Makes you wonder if our coaches don't spend too much time on offensive formations and blocking schemes and exotic defensive shifts and blitz packages and let the basics fall through the cracks. I'm not knocking the players, they have to be taught.

I totally agree with everything you put on here.  Hit it right on the HEAD.   The players have the skills but..........?????...Coach Rick Wallace had a look of disgust on his face all season.  He can see what a mess the team is in and his hands are tied because he is not the HEAD.  Special teams did great this past season ..PAT to Kickoff to the kickoff return teams but when it came to the offense and defense.  Well im like the rest of the folks that came each week to the games.  What the Blank was going on.  Last two years were this way.    And I agree next season will be a flop with the type of plays that dont work. Sometimes you need to turn the page to page 2 of the playbook and run other plays.  Come on a let the players have fun out on the field. 

Edited by 34ME

Why do Huntingdon's corners line up on the outside shoulder of the receivers? Then turn in and face the ball stirring into the backfield.

Why do Huntingdon's corners line up on the outside shoulder of the receivers? Then turn in and face the ball stirring into the backfield.

theoretically they do this to try to keep from getting beat deep, play the outside shoulder and turn the receiver inside- which would be ok if we weren't blitzing linebackers every play. Nobody is there to cover the middle. And also if we EVER deployed a deep safety. Our corners play this technique but bite on play action every time and get beat deep anyway. Like I said horrible technique. Case in point Friday night 3rd and 19 I think. You would think the one thing we would not be playing is one on one press coverage. But we are. We have a linebacker locked on the tailback but he bites on the fake hand off. Tailback out of the backfield on a pass pattern for 70 something yard touchdown. Was it our players fault for biting on the fake? Or was it the coordinators fault for running such a stupid coverage scheme in that situation? No deep help, no room for error. I just threw up in my mouth thinking about it again!

Thanks for the support,Johnson is a good quarterback too I just wanted to see Peason get some carries not neccesssarily as quarterback, just as you said and wanted to see if people would stop him and him making other people open.  Most of team is young but seniors we are losing are great as well wish most of them were juniors or sophmores as well.

If everyone stays healthy we are going to have great playoff runs next 2 or 3 years.  Seniors showed them how it is done and not to give up and step back up when things arent clicking which happens in high school football especially in rivalry games.

I don't have any allegiance to the Stangs, but I tend to agree with the Frog. That freshman should have played a lot more this year. I have friends in Henry County who wished he would have came with the other "Stang" freshman this year. Those 2 kids are special and shouldn't be relegated to having to "wait". Congrats to the Seniors on four years of awesome football and it was fun watching your class compete like you did the last 4 years. Good luck Peabody as you continue on your season.

I just hope these seniors don't get on here and see what Kermit and stangfan have been posting. They would rather get on here and boast about players that haven't proved anything yet. Instead they want to talk about players who they think should be out there. They must have been the ones who coached their kids in that little youth league and are upset now that they are no longer in charge. My 18 month old and my 3 year old grandsons could have ran on Gleason and milans team in the 4th quarter when they had the kids in the band playing defense. Seniors if y'all do get on here pay them no attention they have about as much football knowledge as my coon hunting dog. I hope by next year they read read up on some football books and gain a bit of knowledge

LOL, all you do is spray propaganda with no facts and twist words and lie, looks like more members agreeing with Toad vs you sirstang.  Again, Kermitt whom I don't know from the man in the moon just said he like to see kid get some touches, I look up the facts/stats tell you he had the highest yards per carry on the team and you get JELOUS and pout;  Must be Pearson was replacing your son on one side or the other of the ball, LOL, seems like everyone else on here liked what they saw in the freshmen.  By the way another fact vs your propaganda, if it was so easy to run for yards on Milan's defense, why did Stangs only have 3 first downs in the 2nd half with 2 of those by #16 on his three carries.  you are a joke and mad daddy.  Kermitt has 1400+ post so seems like he is the life long fan and been on here longer than you and I and everyone else put together; so if you believe in seniority then cut the Toad some slack.  You have 51 post that are two faced and very little knowledge of the game.  Do all of us a favor and look in the mirror before you go calling Kermit, myself or anyone daddies, which I don't think Kermitt is and I know i'm not, but try to stick to facts and not your false propaganda mad daddy comments.  GO STANGS...... On the behalf of All Alumni,  All seniors, all juniors, all soph, all freshmen, all Middle school players, all Youth League players, all coaches, all parents, all cheeldears, all band, all community, and oh ya, all the dads who do volunteer their time to coach, youth football, youth baseball, upward ball, do positive things, coach, halftime prayers Vs. my estimate like sir sang who do nothing positive or supportive, such as resume like kermit's posted, he listed very supportive and positive items he does to help to build tradition, not his one kid, which he said the freshman is no relation to him which seems to be of sound reasoning since he is such a elder on coach T.  Sad that this post turned so sourer by you over one kid you seem to be so jealous of for obvious reasons at this point.

Thanks everyone for understanding I'm not bashing the seniors or wanted a senior to get pulled from the game when I said I wanted Kade in.

This game is over season is over so I'm done talking on here as well.  However, just so SirStang knows I am not Johnny Ray Pearson, don't know why I'm saying that though cause you probably won't believe it but whatever.