1st Round Playoffs, YAI at Upperman. Redemption time!

BaxterBiRite1996

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the taunting had no impact on the outcome of the game. I would have just like the students and others in the stand to cheer for our team and not focus on Samber. He did a lot of good while he was at Upperman and deserves at least a little respect.

I agree with the issue of not showing respect. I as a parent didn't like that your student body was allowed to congregate inside the fenced playing area while the game was in progress. Thought it was disrespectful and a TSSAA violation for them to be marching onto the field during the hand shake. With the microscope our sports program is under I thought that could have lead to some trouble. Glad we have good young men and players.

Edited by YAIDAD

What about the chant after a "bad call" where the student body chanted at the refs "Bull Sh*t". Not sure who is in charge there the adults or the students? All our schools have pep clubs that do chants and such but never anything like that especially where is could be heard across the field. Basketball won't be any diferent I'm afraid.

What about the chant after a "bad call" where the student body chanted at the refs "Bull Sh*t". Not sure who is in charge there the adults or the students? All our schools have pep clubs that do chants and such but never anything like that especially where is could be heard across the field. Basketball won't be any diferent I'm afraid.

Probably the students...its like children of the corn down in Baxter

I agree. I heard talk last night of petitioning to stay in UC region. We will see.

Our athletic director better be all over it!! We are the only team in the new region in a different time zone with 7 teams, the UC region only has 6 teams, looks like it would work better to stay where we are.

The Bees definitely had it figured out last night and really played hard.  They were the better team no question about it last night.  The one thing I do question is what the crowd's reasoning is behind taunting Coach Samber every chance they get.  I understand he left here and went home to York and the timing wasn't the best but if they only knew how ignorant they sound to the fans on the other side of the field.  Heck they sound ignorant and I'm on their side of the field.  Just seems classless.

So I guess UT fans should quit taunting Lane Kiffin too, right? Just saying