Dobyns Bennett vs Morristown East

BatmanDB

DB - the main thing is that you won, but man you guys looked bad tonight against a mediocre team.     Same thing can be said of Science Hill.      I think DB and SH both took tonight off and were day dreaming about next week.

I don't think you could put both defenses together and stop a pop warner team.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SH totally overlooked their opponent. You could tell by the way they came out playing in the 1st quarter. The defense continues to be a huge problem. Unfortunately, it's too late in the season to fix it. It is what it is. Luckily, we have an offense that can put up more points that most teams. Next week should be another dog fight. Here's to hoping the weather isn't as bad as they're predicting.

Edited by Aussie2TN

So DB leading 35-31 had the ball on the 15, 4th. down with around 2 min. left in the game. Could of kicked a field goal to go up by 7 but instead took a 10yrd. loss and QB sack. Clark said he didn't kick the field goal because he was "afraid they would block it". Even when DB wins a playoff game they have a way of mucking it up. Got very lucky with that int. because a completed pass would probably put them in the end zone. I was actually on the edge of my seat when they went into the "victory formation" thinking they would somehow lose the ball and M.E. would score off it.

East made 2 critical mistakes that cost them this ball game.   #1 was throwing 2 incomplete passes with about 1 minute to go until halftime which kept the clock stopped, they punted, DB got the ball back and scored.    Halftime score should have been 24-14 instead of 24-21.     #2 when DB was 4th and 2 in the 4thQ, in punt formation, and East jumps offsides giving DB a free 1st.

I agree Waco. To me, this game feels like a loss instead of a win.

So DB leading 35-31 had the ball on the 15, 4th. down with around 2 min. left in the game. Could of kicked a field goal to go up by 7 but instead took a 10yrd. loss and QB sack. Clark said he didn't kick the field goal because he was "afraid they would block it". Even when DB wins a playoff game they have a way of mucking it up. Got very lucky with that int. because a completed pass would probably put them in the end zone. I was actually on the edge of my seat when they went into the "victory formation" thinking they would somehow lose the ball and M.E. would score off it.