Is the split coming?

ballbasher30

Nice to discover CoachT. Also nice to find there is an entire forum dedicated to girls' soccer. This public / private split is an interesting issue.

I moved here from North Carolina five years ago, where across the entire state only four "private" schools play in the same association with public schools. The three (that's right, only three) parochial high schools in the state, along with the NC School of Science and Math, are the only private-type schools that the North Carolina public schools have admitted to their association. Everyone else plays in either a "regular" private school association or a smaller, separate Christian school association. I guess that is the rub. The TSSAA oversees all schools here, from what I can tell.

I think Division 2 is already pretty strong, but it would be made even stronger if more of the private schools that are currently playing with public schools joined Division 2. How much traveling does Knoxville Webb have to do for each of its sports teams? Must be a lot. I know Baylor, GPS, and McCallie have an inordinate amount of traveling compared to the private schools in Nashville. I realize that another school's travel time is not a reason for schools to switch divisions, but it would seem to add more local competitive flavor in Chattanooga and Knoxville. For AA, it would probably mean more than 12 teams in the division, right?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booger, remember I have a Tarp the 3rd, not a buggerette! Congrats by the way since I saw her name in paper again this week for signing! SM boys' soccer beat ND, CCS, Baylor and several good teams before losing to CAK in sectionals. Even tied SE Whitfield which was much better than the CAK team we lost to 2-1. I'm the soccer booster guy at Signal so know all the girls, but like you guys too! Emily Cornett might as well have been my God-daughter.

Didn't mean to add boys' soccer thread to girls' one. In Gatlinburg tonight where it is 19 degrees and college exposure soccer tourney has a 7:30 show up time! Brrrr. Sure you've been there done that!

Edited by tarp

Booger, remember I have a Tarp the 3rd, not a buggerette! Congrats by the way since I saw her name in paper again this week for signing! SM boys' soccer beat ND, CCS, Baylor and several good teams before losing to CAK in sectionals. Even tied SE Whitfield which was much better than the CAK team we lost to 2-1. I'm the soccer booster guy at Signal so know all the girls, but like you guys too! Emily Cornett might as well have been my God-daughter.

Didn't mean to add boys' soccer thread to girls' one. In Gatlinburg tonight where it is 19 degrees and college exposure soccer tourney has a 7:30 show up time! Brrrr. Sure you've been there done that!

thats too cold for dog sledding :mrgreen: