Round 2 (11-0) Ooltewah @ (11-0) Rhea Co.

ChattanoogaFBFan

I count four undefeated teams

South Doyle

Oak Ridge

Owls ( lol I have to learn how to spell one day)

Rhea County

No doubt this will be the best game in the state next Friday night.

Whoever wins wil have had a tough row to hoe cause most likely they will face another undefeated team the very next week.

If South Doyle wins into the semis which I personally think they will, there will be another un defeated team waiting.

What if Hillsboro makes it to the Championship game. I am just curious does anyone know if anyone has ever had to play 4 undefeated teams to win the state title.

it is what it is at this point...

I think it's a great matchup. Ooltewah's passing game and speed against Rhea's deadly ground game could lead to a battle for time of possession. Ooltewah scored all four touchdowns last night in the air and kicked a FG. If I remember correctly, Rhea scored all of their TDs on the ground with exception of the 4th and 3 TD to the TE while the continuous clock was running.

I heard a rumor (may be all it is) that Ooltewah fans were chanting "We want Rhea" towards the end of last night's game with Stone Memorial. Can anyone from the nest verify this?

MY OWLS ARE READY TO TAKE ON ANOTHER CHALLENGE .

WE KNOW RHEA'S WINGT WILL HAVE MORE SPEED THAN STONES.

PROBABLY MORE PASS INCORPORATED.

WE HAVE TO PLAY DISCIPLINE FOOTBALL ON THE ROAD, STAY IN THE GAPS, WATCH COUNTERS AND REVERSES AND TRICKERY. AND SCORE FAST AND EARLY.

THEIR COMFORT ZONE IS RUNNING THE BALL.SO WE NEED TO STOP THE RUN.

This is an interesting matchup of two completely different styles. Rhea is definitely slower than Ooltewah, but Rhea is more physical and their offense is hard to stop because they execute it so well. Ooltewah with its pass first mentality will give Rhea's secondary a big time test. The two times I have watched Rhea, their secondary looked shaky and out of position a lot. Run defense on the other hand is stout. Of course Doug Greene's defense will be prepared for Rhea, and will have to play very disciplined to slow down that rushing attack. Rhea is a very tough place to play but very nice stadium and great atmosphere. Weather could also become a factor in this game since it is going to be pretty cold during the game. For Rhea to win they are going to have to make this a very ugly grinding type game and hope their secondary can hold up against a great passing attack. Ooltewah should be favored to win because they are the better team. I'm looking forward to this one.

Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan