Westmoreland at CPA - Round 2

sportsnerd

Start things off. I hope that lineman is ok. I think his #66. Didn't look good with him on crutches.

CPA Cheerleaders wear a class act. I have a handy cap son. They made him feel good when we came in the stadium.

CPA offense was awesome. Made several big plays. That #12 was a big difference maker.

CPA defense needs a lot of work. Motown ran the ball on them easy. They better get that fixed or Alcoa could win another Gold Ball. That's if they meet in the finals.

CPA #7 good receiver but a very dirty player at cornerback. I was worried he might break his hand by all the punches he slung around.

CPA was the better team. I believe Motown gave CPA their hardest game so far.

• Upvote 1

CPA's prospects for challenging for the gold are not good if Howell and Nichols (hurt in the game) and Richard (didn't play) don't play the rest of the playoffs. A small school cannot lose 3 starting defensive players and hope to beat the best teams left in the state.

As far as the game, I braved the cold and saw a great game plan by Westy. They basically decided that 3 yards by 4 plays is a first down, and it worked. They couldn't stop CPA's offense that scored on 7 of 8 possessions, but they recovered an onside kick, executed a great halfback pass play for a TD, and controlled the clock. Neither team had a turnover except for CPA going for 4 & 10 at midfield (and no, I didn't get that logic) and giving Westy a short field and an opportunity to get back in the game. The two RB's for Westy ran really hard and got the yeards they needed, for the most part.
All of CPA's TD plays were over 30 yards, I think. Great game by Hockaday and Osborne.

Great effort, Westy. You came to play and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Pretty good chance these kids are coached up, unless CPA is really good at recruiting kindergartners. 

Houston Nichols - cpa since kindergarten LB, RB Sr. 6-0 200

Zack Weatherly - cpa since kindergarten QB, DB Jr. 6-2 3 Sr. 5-11 170

Mac Keck - cpa since kindergarten TE, LB Sr. 5-11 190 DB Jr. 5-11 170      7 J.R. Osborn - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB, K Sr. 5-11 175

Price Perdue cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Jr. 6-3 170

10 William Whitaker - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Sr.    

12 Jay Hockaday - cpa since freshman year QB, LB Sr. 6-3 215

17 John Orr cpa since kindergarten QB, LB Jr. 6-2 195 

21 Jacob Webster cpa since 7th grade RB, LB Jr.    

24 Cole Smith RB, LB Jr.  cpa since kindergarten  

25 Wallace Barrett  - cpa since kindergarten RB, DB Jr. 6-1 185

45 Chip Omer  - cpa since kindergarten RB, LB Jr. 5-11 180

56 Peyton Kemp cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Jr. 6-1 200

66 Parker Howell cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Sr. 6-5 275 6

72 Rooke Young - since 9th grade OL, DL So.    

76 Sam Johnson - since 9th grade OL, DL Sr. 6-2 240

88 Joseph Richard - since 7th grade WR, DB Jr. 6-2 195

CPA starters offense and defense - 12 players since kindergarten, 2 7th grade,  and 2 freshman.  I hardly call that recruiting.   This is the starters only, several other kids on the roster since Kindergarten.  This may not be 100% exact but pretty darn close.  I know all kindergarten starts are correct though.

You forgot Coulson Lee # 73 ... Homeschooled/BA..cpa since Grade 8

Pretty good chance these kids are coached up, unless CPA is really good at recruiting kindergartners. 

Houston Nichols - cpa since kindergarten LB, RB Sr. 6-0 200

Zack Weatherly - cpa since kindergarten QB, DB Jr. 6-2 3 Sr. 5-11 170

Mac Keck - cpa since kindergarten TE, LB Sr. 5-11 190 DB Jr. 5-11 170      7 J.R. Osborn - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB, K Sr. 5-11 175

Price Perdue cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Jr. 6-3 170

10 William Whitaker - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Sr.    

12 Jay Hockaday - cpa since freshman year QB, LB Sr. 6-3 215

17 John Orr cpa since kindergarten QB, LB Jr. 6-2 195 

21 Jacob Webster cpa since 7th grade RB, LB Jr.    

24 Cole Smith RB, LB Jr.  cpa since kindergarten  

25 Wallace Barrett  - cpa since kindergarten RB, DB Jr. 6-1 185

45 Chip Omer  - cpa since kindergarten RB, LB Jr. 5-11 180

56 Peyton Kemp cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Jr. 6-1 200

66 Parker Howell cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Sr. 6-5 275 6

72 Rooke Young - since 9th grade OL, DL So.    

76 Sam Johnson - since 9th grade OL, DL Sr. 6-2 240

88 Joseph Richard - since 7th grade WR, DB Jr. 6-2 195

CPA starters offense and defense - 12 players since kindergarten, 2 7th grade,  and 2 freshman.  I hardly call that recruiting.   This is the starters only, several other kids on the roster since Kindergarten.  This may not be 100% exact but pretty darn close.  I know all kindergarten starts are correct though.

Include #73 Coulson Lee - starting Offense Line all 2014 Season

I hope Westmoreland boot stomps them on their crappy field. Stick em often and hard. Show them no mercy or respect, they deserve neither. It would be nice to see how neighborly they would be if you take them to the woodshed!!

I'm back and I love this post, Ingles booty was awfully puckered when Westmoreland ran down to the 1 yard line to set up the score to make it 14 all in the second when the hankies started flying. My hats off to Westmorelands coaching staff to put together an excellent game plan on offense. We exposed the Dline of CPA last night. They never stopped our run all night. The little rich kids will go to round 3 but probably have a lot more respect for Motown now. By the way, I was kicked off but my point was quickly made. You CPA folks quickly acted when you thought someone might do one of your kids wrong and had me kicked off for the week. Why can't us poor ole public school folks do the same to y'all rich thugs?

I'm back and I love this post, Ingles booty was awfully puckered when Westmoreland ran down to the 1 yard line to set up the score to make it 14 all in the second when the hankies started flying. My hats off to Westmorelands coaching staff to put together an excellent game plan on offense. We exposed the Dline of CPA last night. They never stopped our run all night. The little rich kids will go to round 3 but probably have a lot more respect for Motown now. By the way, I was kicked off but my point was quickly made. You CPA folks quickly acted when you thought someone might do one of your kids wrong and had me kicked off for the week. Why can't us poor ole public school folks do the same to y'all rich thugs?

Postman - I was rooting for you guy's to the end! I hope with your team's effort everyone's else sees that if you put a good game plan together CPA can be beat. I hope someone gets to them before they get to Cookville. Congrat's to your team and their season and I'm glad they let you out of jail.

So Postie is back. Someone mistaken reported you regretted and apologized for the classless comments you made about beating up HS band members and purposely targeting players to injure them. Now we know you were not sincere or sorry what you said - just sorry you got called on it.

So, CPA got thumped, huh? Never stopped the run, huh? Westy had no turnovers, CPA had 1 TO on downs and 1 on a muffed onside kick. Westy ran all but 2 plays(one was a TD),so how did CPA get a 4 TD lead with 1 minute to go if they can't stop the run? Westy ran the ball well and hard and had a great game plan. I admired what they were able to do, and they were smart enough to know that was the only chance they had. But the reality is they punted several times and CPA never punted, and it was a 4 TD loss until Westy scored on CPA 3rd stringers.

If we can have a 4 TD lead with a minute to go, I will gladly take a thumping and be satisfied to never stop anyone's run.

"Rich thugs??" Westy's team and coaches I respect, I do not respect someone who continues to spread hate.

So Postie is back. Someone mistaken reported you regretted and apologized for the classless comments you made about beating up HS band members and purposely targeting players to injure them. Now we know you were not sincere or sorry what you said - just sorry you got called on it.So, CPA got thumped, huh? Never stopped the run, huh? Westy had no turnovers, CPA had 1 TO on downs and 1 on a muffed onside kick. Westy ran all but 2 plays(one was a TD),so how did CPA get a 4 TD lead with 1 minute to go if they can't stop the run? Westy ran the ball well and hard and had a great game plan. I admired what they were able to do, and they were smart enough to know that was the only chance they had. But the reality is they punted several times and CPA never punted, and it was a 4 TD loss until Westy scored on CPA 3rd stringers.If we can have a 4 TD lead with a minute to go, I will gladly take a thumping and be satisfied to never stop anyone's run."Rich thugs??" Westy's team and coaches I respect, I do not respect someone who continues to spread hate.

I never said we thumped y'all, and I said the point I was going to make with my comments quickly got made when I was kicked off here very quickly like y'all should be from public school playoffs for openly cheating. I'm sorry but you couldn't stop the run and Alcoa, assuming you make it to them, will run rough shod over you and your high priced coaches and players. By nerd. Edited by Mr. Postman1