chattanoooga central...year in review

fishheadspin

It's ashamed that you have to seek legal action to stop overlooking the big elephant in the room....#smh blatant....

Passive why was the legal action brought? He interviewed 4 times and did not get the job. What was his basis for him to get the job? When they interviewed him he was not picked. Seemed fair. Evidently they had better candidates. This suit was settled by the school board attorney. This suit was in my opinion was black mail and the attorney capitulated. He was turned down 4 times. This man is no high school coach. Dream job or not he is not qualified. You must remember now the football coach or any coach is suppose to be up to the principal. However, this is not the case. The attorney and the school superintendent picked the coach this time. Remember Passive with this suit the principal has lost the authority to pick the coach. Ooltewah could be next. All anyone has to do now is to bring a lawsuit. This has been taken away from the school now. There was no law broken. He was not good enough and I truly believe he was put up y someone to bring the lawsuit. Have u seen him coach? I have and he is not a high school coach. Passive the principal as of now will not be able to pick the coach. It will be done by the Hamilton County Department of Education. The predecent has now been set. So get ready. You or East Hamilton could be next. Hey I am telling u straight up what is getting ready to happen to the high schools here. Edited by Pounder1

Passive why was the legal action brought? He interviewed 4 times and did not get the job. What was his basis for him to get the job? When they interviewed him he was not picked. Seemed fair. Evidently they had better candidates. This suit was settled by the school board attorney. This suit was in my opinion was black mail and the attorney capitulated. He was turned down 4 times. This man is no high school coach. Dream job or not he is not qualified. You must remember now the football coach or any coach is suppose to be up to the principal. However, this is not the case. The attorney and the school superintendent picked the coach this time. Remember Passive with this suit the principal has lost the authority to pick the coach. Ooltewah could be next. All anyone has to do now is to bring a lawsuit. This has been taken away from the school now. There was no law broken. He was not good enough and I truly believe he was put up y someone to bring the lawsuit. Have u seen him coach? I have and he is not a high school coach. Passive the principal as of now will not be able to pick the coach. It will be done by the Hamilton County Department of Education. The predecent has now been set. So get ready. You or East Hamilton could be next. Hey I am telling u straight up what is getting ready to happen to the high schools here.

WELL..IF THEY DON'T DO IT RIGHT THEN SO BE IT...OK WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT HE IS NOT A GOOD COACH???AND THEY HAD TO PUT IT IN A HIGHER AUTHORITY BECAUSE THE DECISION MAKERS AT CENTRAL AIN'T GOT IT RIGHT YET...IF HE WAS TURNED DOWN 4 TIMES...WHOEVER WAS HIRED WAS NOT GOOD EITHER....I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON THE WAY BACK AND THE LAST COACHED BOUNCED....SO YOU ARE COACHLESS AGAIN...BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AGAIN.....YOU GOT A GUY WHO WANT'S A SHOT  WHY NOT GIVE HIM ONE???YOU LET ALL THOSE OTHER JOURNEYMEN PASS THRU....FAIR IS FAIR...

WELL..IF THEY DON'T DO IT RIGHT THEN SO BE IT...OK WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT HE IS NOT A GOOD COACH???AND THEY HAD TO PUT IT IN A HIGHER AUTHORITY BECAUSE THE DECISION MAKERS AT CENTRAL AIN'T GOT IT RIGHT YET...IF HE WAS TURNED DOWN 4 TIMES...WHOEVER WAS HIRED WAS NOT GOOD EITHER....I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON THE WAY BACK AND THE LAST COACHED BOUNCED....SO YOU ARE COACHLESS AGAIN...BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AGAIN.....YOU GOT A GUY WHO WANT'S A SHOT  WHY NOT GIVE HIM ONE???YOU LET ALL THOSE OTHER JOURNEYMEN PASS THRU....FAIR IS FAIR...

Passive, I am just telling you now that the next hire at Ooltewah or EH or anywhere else will be up to the higher ups, that is the superintendent. Regardless of what u think. He will be picked by them and again if someone throws in a lawsuit then he sure will get it . Your super, and school board attorney are spineless. By the way there was a person on the staff that wanted that job also but he couldn't because of the lawsuit. be careful what u say because it could come back on Ooltewah and EH, or Signal Mountain. The principal will not be the deciding factor. It has been taken out of any principals hand now. By the way have u seen Bloodsaw coach.? I have and he is no high school coach.Good luck to the Owls but again BE VERY WEARY

Passive, I am just telling you now that the next hire at Ooltewah or EH or anywhere else will be up to the higher ups, that is the superintendent. Regardless of what u think. He will be picked by them and again if someone throws in a lawsuit then he sure will get it . Your super, and school board attorney are spineless. By the way there was a person on the staff that wanted that job also but he couldn't because of the lawsuit. be careful what u say because it could come back on Ooltewah and EH, or Signal Mountain. The principal will not be the deciding factor. It has been taken out of any principals hand now. By the way have u seen Bloodsaw coach.? I have and he is no high school coach.Good luck to the Owls but again BE VERY WEARY

he can't be no worse than all the others.....I guess the Pounders set the president of hiring incompetent coaches and now we will all pay.....question...was the lawsuit bogus?? don't look like it...and now they are spineless because they are not doing it the good ole way??#SMH

ANOTHER THING TIS....WE LOST A TON OF KIDS TO A NEW SCHOOL....EAST HAMILTON... WE HAD TO MOVE DOWN TO 5A....SO WHAT!!!OUR REVENUE TOOK A DIP BECAUSE WE HAD WHITE OAK MOUNTAIN AND HAD TO SPLIT THE SUPPORT SYSTEM....DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WENT 4-6....WHAT DID WE DO??? REBUILD...WE BASICALLY HAVE THE SAME STAFF AND HIRED FROM WITHIN....WE MADE IT TO THE QTR FINALS UNDER A COACH ON STAFF WHO WAS MOVED UP TO HEAD COACH...WE GOT A NEW COACH BECAUSE THE OTHER MOVED BACK HOME AND WE DIDN'T MISS A BEAT...OUR ADMINISTRATION IS NOT FLAWLESS..BUT THEY HAVE MANAGED TO FILL THE GAPS AND MOVE ON....

Congrats to the owls!  They are always happy to play Signal in soccer (we stole one boys' game early last year) and basketball (don't think we've ever won one of those), but great fans, great supporters, and you'll probably kick our butts next year in football, but you're always up for a local game!  Huge population base, good coaching for almost all sports…you're doing it right!  Cudos!

Please remember that other mandate…as they develop student/athletes, the schools' need to develop coach/teachers.  The days are pretty much gone when a new Football/Baseball coach can take a PE position at will.  Driver's Ed doesn't exist anymore.  Coaches have to learn to teach more than their sport to have options at many schools.  Most can.  For soccer coach Northcutt to get to Signal, he had to pass a HS AP/IB Physics Praxis….not an easy challenge.  For young coaches in public schools, they need to learn to teach not just their sport, but find a couple of subjects they're interested in….History, Personal Finance, Computer Skills, Math, English, etc…the job of being a coach has gotten way harder.  But coaches are getting smarter and better educated as well.  It is a win/win for the students, but a learning curve for some of us old time parents and supporters who played for Harry Summers at Red Bank Jr. High!