Rossview vs Whitehaven

dannyq

Yes it is, get it Kidover, Doverkid...assure you its not coach...Hadn't been on Coach T for years until someone told me about it after the Springfield game. Couldn't figure out how to sign back on as Doverkid, so had to get new...

If Rossview shows up as last three games, will be very interesting indeed

Thanks for correction on Isaiah, there was a great running back that played with me named Thomas in early 70's

Edited by Kidover

also, not so keen on the video a buddy sent to me about the neighborhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NowTq6eqcs8

Yeah, you the one that posted this that could have disintegrated the thread...

I decided to stay above the fray cause its the second round... The fact that your team is about to miss a WHOLE DAY of school shows me that yall Spooked LOL...

B)   If there are no 300 lbs'ers  on your D-Line... Never mind... I'll wait to talk after the game like you

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

If you saw the other video you would have seen that team GPA is over 3.0 from last year, coaches emphasize academics. I had never seen the Memphis video until I told a friend I was going to the game and he sent it to me...having said that I agree it was in bad taste and shouldn't have put it out there

I have enjoyed the banter on this thread. I am a Rossview parent. Our school won its first playoff game ever last week so its an honor to be on the same field as such a storied team as Whitehaven. Its hard to understand how the playoff system designed a school from Clarksville with 1400 students is the right match up with a Memphis high school with 2000 students. Its also hard to understand how a country that seemly is so committed to diversity allows a city school system where 100% of the student populace is one race as it is at Whitehaven.

Nevertheless those are the cards that are dealt so onto the commentary. I agree with many of the comments on the board that mention that Whitehaven will have superior lines. As noted in our game with Memphis Central (same demographic comments as above) that was the case last week as well. Our team this year probably is slightly less talented than our team last year, but as our coach noted in local paper, we have a better team anyway. Additionally, for our three losses this year, we lost our first and second string QB's, the first string QB likely an all district if not an all state candidate.

However, our coaching staff has done perhaps the best job I have witnessed since I played at CHS back in the early 70's. They have rebuilt, re-motivated, changed about and generally put the best team on the field. With the exception of the last quarter of our Henry County game, in which the team just letdown, having led the entire game, I am seen some mighty good football from this team. In fact, the beat down of Springfield and Clarksville High School, two teams of similar size and demographics was just short of amazing, especially considering both of them are playoff teams and Springfield especially is a darn good team. (beat Hillsboro please)

I could be wrong and you never know until you play the game, but if Rossview brings their best effort, then I expect the folks from Rossview will be again working on charter buses and hotels to Memphis next week.

One more thing, I do agree with some on here that if Rossview does have to play in the big boy league of 6A, (like Henry County in 5 A of past years), I am glad its through Memphis because it is quite true that mid state and east state football is just better, just facts, no disrespect meant or intended. Like I said earlier, we are happy to be on the same field as mighty Whitehaven.

Strap in on....

Another post that could have taken me there...

Second Round

Kidover, on 11 Nov 2014 - 5:53 PM, said:snapback.png

also, not so keen on the video a buddy sent to me about the neighborhood

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NowTq6eqcs8

This is taking things a little too far IMHO.  EVERY city has its share of problems, INCLUDING  Clarksville, (I graduated from APSU so I know first hand what I am typing about)  Be very careful when you point a finger at someone because when you do three fingers are pointing back at you.  

This is taking things a little too far IMHO.  EVERY city has its share of problems, INCLUDING  Clarksville, (I graduated from APSU so I know first hand what I am typing about)  Be very careful when you point a finger at someone because when you do three fingers are pointing back at you.

You are kidding right?

From a Springfield point of view, Rossview is a power running team. They go mostly from the gun with one or two backs and/or one or two wideouts. Their running backs are excellent. They do not have their outstanding QB who hurt his knee early this year. They do not pass a lot. All this chatter has been fun and interesting on this thread, and if we weren't playing at Hillsboro it would be tempting to make the drive down to Memphis.

Thanks and good luck to yall. I think the chatter cranks up a notch for the playoffs as it should. Im just glad we get to slug it out with a new opponent from a different region.

I was raised on a Farm near Guthrie Ky. I was afraid to go to parts of the cowpasture because the bulls were there

Yeah, you the one that posted this that could have disintegrated the thread...

I decided to stay above the fray cause its the second round... The fact that your team is about to miss a WHOLE DAY of school shows me that yall Spooked LOL...

B) If there are no 300 lbs'ers on your D-Line... Never mind... I'll wait to talk after the game like you

Lol Man I was thinking the exact same thing, it was hard to resist but it wasn't even worth it. That video was crazy tho