Rossview vs Whitehaven

dannyq

I have just been jacking with you guys. I live in Memphis. Whitehaven is an elite program with great athletes. They are a hard draw for anyone. I was just getting Senator fired up.

My point is that it is hard to say who will beat who any given night, much less who has the best player in a position when you only go to one teams games.

Just like all you Whitehaven fans got all offended when you had your heart questioned, other teams do not deserve to be called fraudulent.

Let's just encourage our kids and work at making better men.

I know for a fact the Whithaven program is making a difference in the lives of young men in their community. Good luck

LOLOLOLOLOL ... :roflol:

You SHOLE knew what button to push didn't you!

(Almost spewed my coffee out of my mouth onto my computer screen!)

Edited by kwc

I have just been jacking with you guys. I live in Memphis. Whitehaven is an elite program with great athletes. They are a hard draw for anyone. I was just getting Senator fired up.

My point is that it is hard to say who will beat who any given night, much less who has the best player in a position when you only go to one teams games.

Just like all you Whitehaven fans got all offended when you had your heart questioned, other teams do not deserve to be called fraudulent.

Let's just encourage our kids and work at making better men.

I know for a fact the Whithaven program is making a difference in the lives of young men in their community. Good luck

GREAT POST!

Long time reader, first time poster. Hope its a good game but in terms of philosophies, this game is a total mismatch

Your commentary is welcomed. I don't know about a total mismatch. Any team playing in the 2nd round is a good team. Whitehaven better come into this game focused because Rossview handed a fellow District 16 team it's head last Friday. THAT should get everybody's attention!

I have enjoyed the banter on this thread. I am a Rossview parent. Our school won its first playoff game ever last week so its an honor to be on the same field as such a storied team as Whitehaven. Its hard to understand how the playoff system designed a school from Clarksville with 1400 students is the right match up with a Memphis high school with 2000 students. Its also hard to understand how a country that seemly is so committed to diversity allows a city school system where 100% of the student populace is one race as it is at Whitehaven.

Nevertheless those are the cards that are dealt so onto the commentary. I agree with many of the comments on the board that mention that Whitehaven will have superior lines. As noted in our game with Memphis Central (same demographic comments as above) that was the case last week as well. Our team this year probably is slightly less talented than our team last year, but as our coach noted in local paper, we have a better team anyway. Additionally, for our three losses this year, we lost our first and second string QB's, the first string QB likely an all district if not an all state candidate.

However, our coaching staff has done perhaps the best job I have witnessed since I played at CHS back in the early 70's. They have rebuilt, re-motivated, changed about and generally put the best team on the field. With the exception of the last quarter of our Henry County game, in which the team just letdown, having led the entire game, I am seen some mighty good football from this team. In fact, the beat down of Springfield and Clarksville High School, two teams of similar size and demographics was just short of amazing, especially considering both of them are playoff teams and Springfield especially is a darn good team. (beat Hillsboro please)

I could be wrong and you never know until you play the game, but if Rossview brings their best effort, then I expect the folks from Rossview will be again working on charter buses and hotels to Memphis next week.

One more thing, I do agree with some on here that if Rossview does have to play in the big boy league of 6A, (like Henry County in 5 A of past years), I am glad its through Memphis because it is quite true that mid state and east state football is just better, just facts, no disrespect meant or intended. Like I said earlier, we are happy to be on the same field as mighty Whitehaven.

Strap in on....

Kidover:

How many people do you think you guys will bring? Iim guessing here, but from visual observation I think our visiting side bleachers can probably accommodate between 1,000 to 1,500. When Mt. Juliet came a couple of years back they brought a rather large crowd and we seated all of them rather nicely with room to spare. The visiting side bleachers are aluminum and they are in very good condition.

Your commentary is welcomed. I don't know about a total mismatch. Any team playing in the 2nd round is a good team. Whitehaven better come into this game focused because Rossview handed a fellow District 16 team it's head last Friday. THAT should get everybody's attention!

Talent-wise, Rossview has enough skill players to make it interesting. But given their inability to win at the point of attack against good competition, Whitehaven should pull away pretty early in the second half. 

I am not sure, because its so far and will be very cold, its a shame its so far, if it was closer probably 1000 or so, down there, maybe 500

I've read on here where the team is planning on coming down early. I'm assuming that some of the parents will travel down with them. I would think there would be a few charter busses bringing parents, students, and fans. I know Whitehaven uses quite a few when we travel. Honestly, it's the best way to travel to an away game. You let someone else do the driving TO and FROM the game. You ride in comfort. I would guess that you guys have several already filling up. I hope the weather doesn't keep people from coming to the game.

Edited by kwc

Kidover:

How many people do you think you guys will bring? Iim guessing here, but from visual observation I think our visiting side bleachers can probably accommodate between 1,000 to 1,500. When Mt. Juliet came a couple of years back they brought a rather large crowd and we seated all of them rather nicely with room to spare. The visiting side bleachers are aluminum and they are in very good condition.

Hope the aluminum bleachers are heated. My butt gets cold easy!

300 students picked up permission slips to ride the pep buses to the game. There is a parent bus for those parents that want to go and not drive. Lots of parents driving down tomorrow and Fri. I think it will be a decent crowd. I am personally coming down tomorrow so I can enjoy the Memphis barbecue! Hopefully its a good crowd to support and cheer the team as they try to continue to make history for their school