Rossview vs Whitehaven

dannyq

Thanks SEC1rules ... but its not necessary to bring a firearm for personal safety when coming to a game at Whitehaven. Come to the gamer. Bring your family. You'll be glad that you did.

Besides .... pigskinred is 100% correct. The Whitehaven band is tremendous. I'm not pulling your chain ... they participate in 'Show Band' competitions every year in Atlanta and at other venues, and have won numerous awards throughout the years. They sound like a university marching band and perform different configurations throughout the performance, just like the college marching bands. The band booster club may be bigger the football team's. I know you aren't coming to see the band ... but you will be surprised at the precision and sound.

You're right, the active and I mean very active presence of Police at the games is quite enough...

The fire future is still brite!! We actually play more soph and juniors than one may think. .. our seniors are the true leaders and most experienced but the juniors anchor this team. The juniors were freshman the state championship year and are very hungry. But this year they are following the lead of senior QB Jordan Williams who is on a mission after getting injured last year which was the main reason we got knocked out against white station last year.

Can't argue you are undefeated. But you played a cupcake schedule. Some of the teams y'all played this season your peewee or Junior teams could have beat. Just wait till a team from the other side of the Tennessee river plays you.

Don't worry you'll get your shot. We gotta take care of Rossview first and 7out of the 10 teams we played are in the playoffs. I believe our JV team actually did play the majority of the other 3 clown! Who is your team btw?

It's funny to see people take shots at Whitehaven for being soft.  Anybody who has any clue about Memphis knows that a lot of teams look at WH as a model for toughness.  What makes them special is the fact that year in, year out, they are able to combine that toughness with athleticism and solid coaching.  They're not your "bunch of athletes, not many football players" team that many good squads out of Memphis get tagged as.  The staff knows what they're doing, and the players known their responsibilities.  That's why they've had continued success - "next man up". 

As a HC fan, I honestly would like to see Rossview make the trip down 40 and pull the upset. I can't see it happening, though.  Rossview's defense may keep them in it for a couple of quarters, but I don't think their offense (see: offensive line) can get enough steam to put a bunch of points up on Whitehaven.  Give me Whitehaven, 34-14. 

Based on this board, should be a great game. Of course, the game is played on field, not behind the keyboard. "Da Haven" is obviously a great team and deserves respect. Not sure where "Clowns" comes from, but these are young men that have worked hard to get to this point and deserve their due. Same goes for Rossview. Let's hope for a good game.

Really looking forward to Whitehavens band. If they are as good as I read here, you might see an old guy on the  Rossview side "gettin down"!

Shout out to the Jackets and Patriots. Go kick some butt. 

Edited by poppop

Based on this board, should be a great game. Of course, the game is played on field, not behind the keyboard. "Da Haven" is obviously a great team and deserves respect. Not sure where "Clowns" comes from, but these are young men that have worked hard to get to this point and deserve their due. Same goes for Rossview. Let's hope for a good game.

Really looking forward to Whitehavens band. If they are as good as I read here, you might see an old guy on the Rossview side "gettin down"!

Shout out to the Jackets and Patriots. Go kick some butt.