3a region 4 2015

Haven't heard about the one from Smith. There is supposedly one moving in from somewhere up north that is over 6'5". Think he played QB where he came from too. Don't know if he is 100% certain or not.

wow...a atheltic QB/DB from Vegas and a 6'5 QB coming in....looks like UH quaterback concerns might be solved. I would think that if both are good qb's they would probably start the big kid, and move the athelete to RB or WR.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek Samber officially named as the head coach!!! Been hearing since end of the season it's offical. Congrats to HEAD Coach Samber!!!

Interesting. I'm curious as to how he's gonna run the offense this next year.

And hopefully Herron changes up those cards so it's not blaringly obvious what plays are gonna be ran.

Edited by JohnnyRay

wow, shocker! Two questions. 1 Wondering if Sambers sticks with the veer/wing t or go to his spread offense? 2 What happen to Coach Wright after 1 season?

Focusing on full time administration is what was said in news paper and staying on as an assistant. Don't think he will stick with the veer but I don't know this for a fact, just going on what the boys are saying.

Focusing on full time administration is what was said in news paper and staying on as an assistant. Don't think he will stick with the veer but I don't know this for a fact, just going on what the boys are saying.

it would be hard to see Sambers sticking with the veer being a spread guy, and now the guy in charge. With the demographics of YI, I hope he does stick to the veer. No disrespect, but YI has a lot more tough runners and blockers than the do speedster that are needed to run the spread.

it would be hard to see Sambers sticking with the veer being a spread guy, and now the guy in charge. With the demographics of YI, I hope he does stick to the veer. No disrespect, but YI has a lot more tough runners and blockers than the do speedster that are needed to run the spread.

Will be interesting to see. From watching jv and jr high ball the last few yrs they really don't have the bull runners they we have been accustom to. Had more speed than we been accustom to. We will just have to wait and see

Will be interesting to see. From watching jv and jr high ball the last few yrs they really don't have the bull runners they we have been accustom to. Had more speed than we been accustom to. We will just have to wait and see

will the coach staff stay the same other than Wright and Sambers swapping titles and responsabilites?

Great move for YI.  Nothing against Coach Wright.  He just has too much on his plate and could not give it the time it needed to be effective.  Coach Samber will do a great job, lots of talent coming up.  Not quite sure how his first season will go, but if he will implement some speed training...not just running, but foot work, they should have an ok season.  They've lost a lot in the back field, but will have some younger kids that will return and don't care to hit or take a hit.  Look for the younger Probst brother to be just as tough at running over somebody (really anybody, no matter the size) as his bother did this year.  QB will just be a junior and most of the line also returning.  They just need some speed for the RB and TB.  Would be wise to invest in some camps for those kids and practice it daily (even on their own).