WK 3 of the Playoffs: South Doyle at Knox West

BigDave1967

I believe SD has proven that they have that capability also.

SD has not proven anything against a good D. They've played well and have a SEC commit. Outside of that, nothing much is there. Looking forward to watching this beat down occur. I don't know how the coaches at West do it, but they still have these kids playing with an underdog mentality. You'd think after dominating 5A in east Tn for the last 5 years they wouldn't have the hunger, but this group does.

SD has not proven anything against a good D. They've played well and have a SEC commit. Outside of that, nothing much is there. Looking forward to watching this beat down occur. I don't know how the coaches at West do it, but they still have these kids playing with an underdog mentality. You'd think after dominating 5A in east Tn for the last 5 years they wouldn't have the hunger, but this group does.

Interesting. Lots of respect for Coach Cummings and the West program from me, but to say that they have "dominated" 5A over the last 5 years just isn't accurate.  They've been to Cookeville once during that 5 year period, which means that somebody knocked them out the other 4.  That's hardly "dominating" for 5 years.  West very well may make it back for a second year in a row, and in that case you could make an argument that they "dominated" the last 2 years, but certainly not for the last 5.  

I think them there Powell Panthers might have a thing or two to say about your time period of West dominance.

Interesting. Lots of respect for Coach Cummings and the West program from me, but to say that they have "dominated" 5A over the last 5 years just isn't accurate.  They've been to Cookeville once during that 5 year period, which means that somebody knocked them out the other 4.  That's hardly "dominating" for 5 years.  West very well may make it back for a second year in a row, and in that case you could make an argument that they "dominated" the last 2 years, but certainly not for the last 5.  

DITTO...

I guess you missed the whole East TN part. Powell has been their only competition around here over the period in 5A. Seeing as that program has imploded over the past few years, I feel very confident that West is easily that most dominant 5A program in East TN. That's just the way it is. Them boys have been flat out good. 

I think them there Powell Panthers might have a thing or two to say about your time period of West dominance

Since West's run began in 2010, Powell has been quite possibly the best example of a team that has fallen apart at the seams. After a solid senior class that made the finals in 2011 and a great hire in Coach Rang, the program has sank into the abyss. They lost more games in the last two years than West has lost over the last 5. No reasonable outside observer would say they have been the best team over the last 5 years. West has been able to sustain success, something that Powell simply cannot do.

I guess you missed the whole East TN part. Powell has been their only competition around here over the period in 5A. Seeing as that program has imploded over the past few years, I feel very confident that West is easily that most dominant 5A program in East TN. That's just the way it is. Them boys have been flat out good. 

No. I didn't miss anything. You said that West had been the most dominate 5A program in East Tennessee over the past 5 years.  That's just not accurate, as I pointed out.  You can "feel" whatever you want, but the results of the games say differently. 

And again, all of the respect in the world for West and Coach Cummings.  It has been and is a great program and they have a great shot at getting back to Cookeville, in my opinion.  Obviously a huge gme this Friday, and one that I believe will be a close football game and could go either way.  Two very talented teams.  

That said, what you "feel" is irrelevant.  The results of games played on the field say so.  

Edited by HTV

A really intersting note: over the past 5 years West has lost three games to 5A schools from East TN. Those were to Powell (twice) and Lenior City. Two of those came in 2012 from arguably the weakest team West has fielded over the period. There really aren't other programs in East TN 5A that compare to that track record. 

No. I didn't miss anything. You said that West had been the most dominate 5A program in East Tennessee over the past 5 years.  That's just not accurate, as I pointed out.  You can "feel" whatever you want, but the results of the games say differently. 

And again, all of the respect in the world for West and Coach Cummings.  It has been and is a great program and they have a great shot at getting back to Cookeville, in my opinion.  Obviously a huge gme this Friday, and one that I believe will be a close football game and could go either way.  Two very talented teams.  

That said, what you "feel" is irrelevant.  The results of games played on the field say so.  

You are entirely correct. Feelings have nothing to do with reason. That is why, statistically speaking, West has been the most dominant team in 5A over the period. If you have anything to refute that with I'd like to see it.  :popcorneater: