Help settle an argument!

pdpotts

I didn't say there was a rule. I said they are safe by rule because the are on base safely. c'mon man. don't be petty arguing with a fellow Milan fan. lol  and no I am not a perfect umpire and no one is

i hear ya. I just didn't like the so called rule being used as an example. I was a tssaa official myself many years ago. Who's association are you in? Skips or jimmys?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I found this from the NCAA rule book:

Rule 7, Section 3: Complete Pass

"ARTICLE 6. Any forward pass is complete when caught by a player of the passing team who is inbounds, and the ball continues in play unless completed in the opponent's end zone or the pass has been caught simultaneously by opposing players. If a forward pass is caught simultaneously by opposing players inbounds, the ball becomes dead and belongs to the passing team ."

Can't argue with that!  But it was called an interception (and I'll take the word of those who had a better view) and that ended the game and answers my question with authority.  Much thanks to all who responded.

I like the way you think Potts. Like the not making excuses. South Gibson was much better than their record indicated. Some say the game with us came down to that one play at the end of the game and you guys got robbed. But honestly they are doing just what you said... making excuses. There was 4qtrs in that game and plenty of time for the Hornets to ensure that it didn't come down to just one play.

Well, thank you BPM!  For the most part I aggree with you assement.  However, I have seen some very exciting games that came down to one play.  We had more than our share this year.  Good luck next Friday.

Well, thank you BPM! For the most part I aggree with you assement. However, I have seen some very exciting games that came down to one play. We had more than our share this year. Good luck next Friday.

My point is that people should not complain if it does come down to one play. Block better, run faster, make more tackles throughout the game and that play don't matter. They are all equally important.

My point is that people should not complain if it does come down to one play. Block better, run faster, make more tackles throughout the game and that play don't matter. They are all equally important.

Absolutely!!!  Play ball with all your heart and if you get whooped then work harder to improve.  No crying, no pointing to others, just work harder.  Even though SGC had a poor year on the field, this group of young men gave it all they had.  We had our banquet last night and I told each of them what a great year they had.  A couple pointed out our losing season.  I pointed out how much they had run, lifted, practiced and sweated week after week for what some call a silly game.  I told them that while winning was good the best part of football was overcoming the physical and mental demands of the game.  Mark Twain said, "A man can learn things carrying a cat by the tail he can't learn any other way."  After four years of football they have learned thing that those who have never had the blessing of putting on the pads will ever learn.  That after four years they are all winners!  I told my son to not let this be the best four years of his life but to take what he has learned by being a competitor and an athelete and apply them to the challenges that lie ahead.  He is being recruited by a few schools to play football.  I don't know what his path will be but I know football has helped to prepare him for the journey.

Wow!  Didn't mean to get so wordy here.  Feeling a little sentimental I guess.

Edited by pdpotts