Giles County 2015 Edition

WiseOldManGiles

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The folks I know in MC, really don't want him. It irks the heck out of them they have a GC (though they like him) coach they really don't want GC players.

As far as the staff, from what I've heard, the people may be the same but the process is slated to improve quit a bit. Only time will tell.

I'm sure they would take him. And, not complain.

I mean if I was the dad I would definitely want my son to play for a coach like Walt, he would get home early in the evening to get all his chores and homework done. Come on people get serious, all you have to do is put the film on and look at the play calling and effort of his players. Quit being so "fan blind", if Coach Osteen had Trevor Holder on this years MCHS team they would have mercy ruled Giles both games. If you take Osteen and his staff and swap teams with Giles staff it wouldn't be close either way. I have no dog in the fight but it's clear to me what the best option is for someone young especially a QB of talent and desire to be great should do. Osteen lives and breathes football, not to mention he is a man of great character and role model.

I mean if I was the dad I would definitely want my son to play for a coach like Walt, he would get home early in the evening to get all his chores and homework done. Come on people get serious, all you have to do is put the film on and look at the play calling and effort of his players. Quit being so "fan blind", if Coach Osteen had Trevor Holder on this years MCHS team they would have mercy ruled Giles both games. If you take Osteen and his staff and swap teams with Giles staff it wouldn't be close either way. I have no dog in the fight but it's clear to me what the best option is for someone young especially a QB of talent and desire to be great should do. Osteen lives and breathes football, not to mention he is a man of great character and role model.

You hit the nail on the head. 

Yes Osteen is a fine young coach and man,  but what do you do when a bigger and better school comes calling for his assistance?  I am sure mc is not his final destination.  Will young Wallace go there?  When his soon to be wife gets a softball coaching job at a school with a football coaching vacancy then what.  With all the knowledge his dad and brother have acquired over the past 8 years, I am sure they will be able to get the young one through the high school level.  Cant wait for that Feb. 2 press conference to find out who gets the "Chosen One".  Come on GCHS!!!

Yes Osteen is a fine young coach and man, but what do you do when a bigger and better school comes calling for his assistance? I am sure mc is not his final destination. Will young Wallace go there? When his soon to be wife gets a softball coaching job at a school with a football coaching vacancy then what. With all the knowledge his dad and brother have acquired over the past 8 years, I am sure they will be able to get the young one through the high school level. Cant wait for that Feb. 2 press conference to find out who gets the "Chosen One". Come on GCHS!!!

For one I wouldn't think Osteen would go anywhere for four years if/with young Wallace comes to MCHS, he is just that loyal and a man of his word. Secondly if you haven't heard the talent in that grade and around it is way deeper over in MCHS than Giles, the middle school won their Division with a 8-1 rec