Giles County 2015 Edition

WiseOldManGiles

Numerous reasons. A half full stadium on the 1st round of the play-offs against your biggest rivalry? How much Super support? And what did the Bear do when mama called? Also you need to increase the font size and read a little slower. I didn't say marshall  didn't have talent coming up. I countered good ole fellers comment about marshall having MORE talent than Giles coming up. To show there are things you don't know list the last 5 coaches at Giles in reverse order.... :popcorneater:

I apologize, I did read that wrong. I think Osteen has more reasons to stay than to leave, however. Especially if Wallace comes up there.

I don't know everything. Best I can remember Smith, Oconner, Johnson, Smith and maybe Long? It was before my time. I think you need to look in the mirror before you start implying others are know-it-alls. 

You didn't acknowledge my statement about Jackie Smith having tons of talent. Talent doesn't always equal wins.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackie Smith was a good coach & and is a good man. He didn't have the number of assistants we do now. I agree the talent has always been there though.

Apologies extended if I present a "know it all" view. I will support whoever is the coach at GCHS. I will support the young men & the program. I'll also support the administration. Mentally, physically, and monetarily. I was not happy with the effort of last years team. But, I do know the intentions & goals of the staff. Mistakes were made. Goals went unanswered. But good staffs grow & learn also. Listening to coaches like GQ & Martin during interviews I hear the same intentions at Giles. Develop quality young men who produce quality results on the field. In short, I feel the current staff is committed to being better coaches developing the lives of young men. So I'll ride this bus until our principal changes drivers. If he does, I'll ride that bus too. 

Smith, O'Conner, _______, O'Conner, Johnson, <<<<< That will bring some of the "closet viewers" out.... :mrgreen:

Jackie Smith was a good coach & and is a good man. He didn't have the number of assistants we do now. I agree the talent has always been there though.

Apologies extended if I present a "know it all" view. I will support whoever is the coach at GCHS. I will support the young men & the program. I'll also support the administration. Mentally, physically, and monetarily. I was not happy with the effort of last years team. But, I do know the intentions & goals of the staff. Mistakes were made. Goals went unanswered. But good staffs grow & learn also. Listening to coaches like GQ & Martin during interviews I hear the same intentions at Giles. Develop quality young men who produce quality results on the field. In short, I feel the current staff is committed to being better coaches developing the lives of young men. So I'll ride this bus until our principal changes drivers. If he does, I'll ride that bus too. 

Smith, O'Conner, _______, O'Conner, Johnson, <<<<< That will bring some of the "closet viewers" out.... :mrgreen:

That's a stretch to compare Quarles, Martin and Smith. One of those things is not like the other. 

Intentions and goals are well and good, but every coach in the state has those. It's how you reach those intentions and goals. 

That's a stretch to compare Quarles, Martin and Smith. One of those things is not like the other.

Intentions and goals are well and good, but every coach in the state has those. It's how you reach those intentions and goals.

Was just about to comment in the same direction, to compare those coaches in that way is way off. All the talk of getting bigger, faster, stronger is great but what do you think the other teams are doing? Sitting on the couch? Having great talent is one thing and Walt has had some both at Mt.Pleasant and now at Giles but it's what you do with those not so talented kids that really matters, turning that back up guard or that 3rd string cornerback into a player is what the coaching difference in Walt and Osteen programs that will show up the most.

I know what has been going on in the locker room and on practice field. It has not been good.

Whats going on? This whole thing is starting to just get ridiculous. I mean are you referring to something illegal? Poor workouts? What? The community needs to know if something that "is not good" is going on over there, alot and I MEAN alot of people and parents of players read this stuff. Not being an @#$, but make yourself clear, this is 15 thru 18 year old kids your talking about here. Yeah Im not just tickled with our coaching either but it is what it is and I will support it! I cant see Smith allowing something "not good" go on over there. Im sure you are meaning poor training or whatever.

Edited by Catfan68

It looks like we have a current player who is mad because he isn't or hasn't seen playing time and a mom who is mad because their kid wasn't the superstar last year. I do know if the kid goes up north next year I'm going to send mine on the same shuttle!

It looks like we have a current player who is mad because he isn't or hasn't seen playing time and a mom who is mad because their kid wasn't the superstar last year. I do know if the kid goes up north next year I'm going to send mine on the same shuttle!

If a parent moves their child to a new school for hopes of a better chance at playing on the next level, more power to them. College football is definitely a huge step from high school, and the mom wanting her kid to be a superstar, well if he has superstar talent and qualities then he probably will be one, my guess is he probably doesnt have all the talent or qualities but mama and dad thinks he does. Good luck to them, I say they are going to need it.

Whats going on? This whole thing is starting to just get ridiculous. I mean are you referring to something illegal? Poor workouts? What? The community needs to know if something that "is not good" is going on over there, alot and I MEAN alot of people and parents of players read this stuff. Not being an @#$, but make yourself clear, this is 15 thru 18 year old kids your talking about here. Yeah Im not just tickled with our coaching either but it is what it is and I will support it! I cant see Smith allowing something "not good" go on over there. Im sure you are meaning poor training or whatever.