6AAA Freshmen/Soph Games starting

Tenntwin

• 1 month later...

Blind draw from my understanding which doesn't make sense to me.  Cumberland County went undefeated during the season and got the worst draw - have to play Thursday in a "play in" game then two games within 4 hours on Saturday if they win their games.  I'll try to find the bracket, I've seen one.  In girls, I know CCHS and Stone are in opposite brackets.

So the only undefeated team has to do a play in game? Sounds a bit fishy to me. If I am not mistaken, they are one of the few teams that played with all eligible players?

Not sure about that.  From my understanding, it was agreed on that this would be a Freshmen/Soph season / tourney this year with no restrictions how many sophs could play.  In years past, there was a limit to 3 sophs on a team on the girls side.  I'm not sure what the class make up is at other schools; I do know that Stone has been playing a couple of juniors in the Fresh/Soph games when I have seen them play CCHS which I don't have a problem with because they don't make that much of a difference.  CCHS only has one healthy freshman that can play right now.  CCHS's soph class is large with 10 girls.  Two of them start on varsity, so they don't play Fresh/Soph or JV games, but the other 8 sophs do. 

I personaly do not have a problem with sophmores playing either. I think it benefits both freshmen and sophnores tremendously. It gives freshmen better comppetition (in most cases) than they have played in elementary or middle school and supplies sophmores with more playing time than they would normally see as well as allows them to polish some of their skills that may be lacking. 

Better competition / more court time can turn mediocre players into good players and good players into great players. You don't see many players getting better from sitting on the bench or the couch. Its the ones who hustle in practice, hustle every time they step foot on the floor, and are out shooting, dribbling at home that have the greatest chance to succeed.

Here's the bracket:  CCHS plays Warren Co. Thursday at 5pm - (Main Gym) winner to play Rhea Co. on Saturday at 11 in the top bracket - winner plays in champ game from upper bracket.

Stone plays White Co. on Thursday at 5pm (Aux Gym) - winner plays in champ game from lower bracket.

Should be a CCHS/Stone Champ game on Saturday at 2pm - Main Floor.

Here's the bracket:  CCHS plays Warren Co. Thursday at 5pm - (Main Gym) winner to play Rhea Co. on Saturday at 11 in the top bracket - winner plays in champ game from upper bracket.

Stone plays White Co. on Thursday at 5pm (Aux Gym) - winner plays in champ game from lower bracket.

Where?

Thank you for posting the bracket.