Bradley Central Thanksgiving Classic

baconbreath

yes. Walker beat them once in the last 4 years out of 10+ meetings... I wasn't saying that Bradley had no competition at all the last few years, but in general, their district games the last 4 years have been mostly blowouts, which hasn't helped their State runs the last few years.

I expect Walker to give BCHS all (or more) than they can handle this year, so the comment wasn't to disrespect WV (or anyone), but just to say that I think Bradley has wanted to play HH during the past few seasons to let them play against as many top tier teams as they can.

This was responding more to the person that said the TSSAA teams shouldn't play HH. I was letting them know why (I think) Bradley has scheduled them.

Didn't take it that way. Also didn't mean anything by it. Just making a comment. I'm zero sold on the coach up at WV so far. They've had some injuries and overall are young. Bradley will be better than most think by years end but I don't see much depth and this area hasn't got the best refs. They need more fouls to give. Cleveland shouldn't be overlooked either. Should be a more competitive year.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker beat Bradley last year early. This year I think the opposite will occur. I think Walker has more talent and are deeper but not very well coached. Bradley has at least 2 coaches girls that will play for them but lack depth. Foul trouble can hurt them. Just as Bradley ended up beating Walker later last year I think Walker will do the same to them this year. Their freshman class has 4 or 5 better than average girls one real good point and a 6 1 or 2 post with about 3 5 ft 7. + girls. The Alomar girl has to slow her game down in school ball. Watch her in AAU. She can play. Two seniors forwards a junior post and a few shooter in soph and junior class. Let them run. I think McMinn Central if they stay healthy beats both Bradley and Walker.

The amazing thing last year was WV beating Bradley, but losing to McMinn in all three meetings. WV looked well coached when McMinn County played them in the Play Day at Polk a couple weekends ago. WV was the best team there in my opinion, and looked much better coached than they did last year. In case you were confusing them, McMinn Central is the 5AA team, McMinn County is the 5AAA team that plays in our district. McMinn Central does play against WV tomorrow, though.

Edited by blitzinbuc

The amazing thing last year was WV beating Bradley, but losing to McMinn in all three meetings. WV looked well coached when McMinn County played them in the Play Day at Polk a couple weekends ago. WV was the best team there in my opinion, and looked much better coached than they did last year. In case you were confusing them, McMinn Central is the 5AA team, McMinn County is the 5AAA team that plays in our district. McMinn Central does play against WV tomorrow, though.

Buck I've been around as long as you or close to it. I know well of Central. They play a great brand of bball. County relies on making you play ugly. Last year WV had its moments both good and bad. This coach isn't any better. The jv coach did a great job with them in summer ball but they chose to give the job to another who really wasn't that good when he was young. Nice guy but games passed him up. They may of looked that way at Polk but if you saw them last week and knew what they had you'd wonder also. They have 10 solid player one very good one and 2 who probably shouldn't get more than a quarter playing time but gets almost 3 or 4. The Bearettes have surprised me so far. As has Cleveland. Won't make the game so give a report if you don't mind. I tend to agree with a lot of your post.

Buck I've been around as long as you or close to it. I know well of Central. They play a great brand of bball. County relies on making you play ugly. Last year WV had its moments both good and bad. This coach isn't any better. The jv coach did a great job with them in summer ball but they chose to give the job to another who really wasn't that good when he was young. Nice guy but games passed him up. They may of looked that way at Polk but if you saw them last week and knew what they had you'd wonder also. They have 10 solid player one very good one and 2 who probably shouldn't get more than a quarter playing time but gets almost 3 or 4. The Bearettes have surprised me so far. As has Cleveland. Won't make the game so give a report if you don't mind. I tend to agree with a lot of your post.

Last year WV didn't utilize the opportunities given them when they played McMinn, which is why I said WV's coach last year didn't impress me as much as a Tucker-coached team did this year, which did exploit McMinn's defense. Two different teams though, so we'll see. I know a few of WV's players and their parents, so I'll get their input when WV plays at McMinn on Dec. 12th. I admit I was shocked when I saw where Meigs beat WV by 26 points.

The Bearettes had their good moments when I saw them play over the weekend. The Hughes girl lit up the scoreboard, and their freshman is going to be something special down the road.

Since I'm a McMinn County fan I'll be at the McMinn Polk game tomorrow night to see if we can eek out our second win. The Lady Cherokees are trying to find their identity and the right lineup with so many freshmen playing. We have two Senior guards recovering from ACL surgery, but should be ready to suit up soon. I'm sure they'll be rusty and will need some time to contribute any major minutes. We also had a Senior post player to quit last week.

I know as many McMinn Central players and their parents as I do of ours. Like you, I love their style of basketball. They have talent galore, though much of it is young. They have a very talented Senior who's been injured a lot in her career, but is starting to come around now. She already has some college offers and if she stays injury free, I'd say she'll be courted by more.

Edited to tell you that agreeing with a lot of my post could be detrimental to you. LOL I tend to say it the way I see it without any partiality. Several McMinn fans (including my spouse)have even been upset with me in the past for not being a homer. At my age I'm not likely to change!

Edited by blitzinbuc