TN Draft Worthy Players

lobo

Jerry Murphy is an associate scout with the Cincinnati Reds. I am curious to see what Brendan will do. Brendan is one of the best power hitters that I have ever seen at the high school level. This year he trimmed down and has a solid body. He is one person that I think will be drafted. There are a couple of more players that may be drafted, but I understand that they are looking to play a year of juco ball for the extra experience.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mountaindew1973

There's no doubt who the top player in TN is this year, and should definitely get drafted---Michael McKenry. His bat speed and arm stregth are unmatched by any high school player in the area.

it will be interesting to see what antonio westfield of cleveland will do this year. he finished the season last year with 7 homers alone in district, and will be the clear cut captain this year. i think he could be the next barry bonds, lol. plays left field ands number 25, but anyway, if he comes out with the focus he had in last years district , he could be an all-american. p.s. anyone have any info on jr. southpaw for cleveland, blake carver, he got in a car accident a a week or two back. had surgery on his arm, i believe his pitching arm, is he gonna be playin this spring, and if so, how will he do, with the injury.

Blake will not be able to pitch at all this spring, and if I remember correctly I don't think any this summer. I played with Blake this fall and he's the best pitcher I've ever played with or been around. He had a 0.00 era for the whole season in which I think he threw 6 games for a total of like 28 innings, had 40-some strikeouts, 4 hits, and 4 walks/hits bats men. He only had 1 run off him all fall and that was unearned. Only one man reached third off of him and only 8 made it to second, and this is all against some very tough competition. I know that he was already getting serious looks from most SEC and some ACC schools and is still expected to sign in the early period next fall despite this terrible setback. Blakes a great guy and we're praying for him. Get well soon man.

thats great, that it looks as if he ll still sign to play some college ball, i remember last year, i told him while cleveland was batting to pick off the next guy that makes it to first. im not sure, i think it was against notre dame, and he was like ill throw one out for ya. one of their players got a single and was picked off by carver the next set up. anyway, he really is a good guy, i believe his gpa is 4.0. and he always excelled in the classroom, way beyond anyone else. no matter what he will be successful, whether in baseball or anything. best of luck, and thanks for the info.