CreekWood vs Waverly

Wavoh8er

There was a lot of hype about this game but from the looks of the score Waverly couldn't back any of it up. It doesn't look like there is any competition for CreekWood within the district, I hope they can get some quality opponents from outside the district to help get them ready for the tournaments. It looks like Waverly will have there hands full just trying to finish 2nd in the district this year. They lack intensity and discipline which will equall a LOSS against the good teams they face this year. They have a lot of talent but seem lost when they are on the court, could use some direction on what to do, this isn't streetball!

I was at this game also,Cw really took it to Waverly in the second half. Let's not forget waverly had their point guard out. With that being said waverly looked really undisciplined. I think the only play they have is the high ball screen. Ran it over and over. Don't think waverly was as bad as they looked or Cw is as good as they looked. It will be a war at waverly. Can't wait for this game. There is still no doubt that these are two top 10 teams in their classes. Waverly will make some adjustments and so will Cw for next showdown.

Well to say creekwood wasn't as good as the talk or whatever you was so is crazy. If you was at the game or truly knew basketball at this or the next level. Creekwood didn't play their best game and honestly speaking should've scored 130. They didn't hit most of the shots they usually make and waverly isn't a bad team by no means. The point guard Dell did play so don't know where that came from and actually had a young point guard step up but that being said it will be a game in waverly. Creekwood is coming into their on this year and if they shoot and play like they can I'm saying it right now watch out bcuz I know basketball and they're a very talented team with high motors and could shoot the lights out anytime they want. Can't wait to watch the next one but please don't say creekwood wasn't good or you just plain and simple don't know any high level of basketball. Go Redhawks!!

Well to say creekwood wasn't as good as the talk or whatever you was so is crazy. If you was at the game or truly knew basketball at this or the next level. Creekwood didn't play their best game and honestly speaking should've scored 130. They didn't hit most of the shots they usually make and waverly isn't a bad team by no means. The point guard Dell did play so don't know where that came from and actually had a young point guard step up but that being said it will be a game in waverly. Creekwood is coming into their on this year and if they shoot and play like they can I'm saying it right now watch out bcuz I know basketball and they're a very talented team with high motors and could shoot the lights out anytime they want. Can't wait to watch the next one but please don't say creekwood wasn't good or you just plain and simple don't know any high level of basketball. Go Redhawks!!

Dell did not play. He sat at the end of the bench all night, as did the 3rd post Waverly has. It was still an impressive win regardless.

Don't count out our boys in Camden just yet.  Still a long season ahead with about 14-15 district games left.

I am a big Camden fan but I think a realistic goal for this years team is a 3rd place finish. They are young and inexperienced with very little depth. They will definitely only get better as the year goes on but next year they have the potential to be a top team in the district.

• Upvote 1

Not sure which game ThaRealTruth was watching, but you are mistaken about Waverly's point guard, Tyler Dell. He did not play against Creek Wood. He dislocated his shoulder in practice last Thursday. He tried to give it a go the next night at Camden (which he shouldn't have), but really couldn't play. He went to the Doctor yesterday and has an MRI scheduled for Friday. Unfortunately, he is probably out for awhile and just hoping it's not a season ending injury. Having coached most all of the boys on Waverly and several (Edmondson, Turpin, R Cummings, G Cummings) from Creek Wood this is a good rivalry between players who are very competitive & respect each other. Creek Wood played well and earned the win last night. Waverly will bounce back and I look forward to watching at least a couple more good match ups with the Red Hawks.   

Edited by swamptiger