145.....6 seed Landon Gogorth. HIXSON. OVER. 1 seed Christopher Wesnofske RYAN

152.....1 seed Nick Naughton. RYAN. OVER. 3 seed Austyn Renshaw. ALCOA

160.....1 seed Marcelo Morrice RYAN. OVER. 3 seed Danyon Edens. MT JULIET

170.....6 seed Carter Heckle. MBA. OVER. 1 seed Chris Nicholson. HIXSON

182.....2 seed Cole Euverard. MBA OVER. 8 seed Nick Pope. BRIARCRST

195.....4 seed Ray Hardin. ARLINGTON. OVER. 2 seed Dylan Bargerstock. HIXSON

220....2 seed Josh Filbey. FRANKLIN. OVER. 1 seed Ben Stacey. RYAN

285.... 2 seed John Kelly. MBA. OVER. 1 seed Brody Gregory. HIXSON

Congratulations to all the wrestlers on a great tournament. Hopefully in future years the Ryan Invitational can move to late December to make it easier to attract top teams from a wider area and avoid scheduling conflicts with schools and other tournaments.

It is a very well run tournament, on time, finals under the spotlight, approx 48 years running.

Hendersonville was not there coach. O you probably knew that.

M.J. got 4th.  126 match got best match. It was a brutal tournament lots of blood. Lots of minor injuries , pulled shoulders , dislocated fingers, tons of busted noses, and busted eyes. poor ole' Shawn Sesnan looked like a unicorn for his finals match. head butt between the eyes. I bet it stood out 3/4 to an inch. Edens shoulder in semi's and his thumb. He said he couldn't grip anything at all to do any moves. Zack had his shoulder messed up bad in semi's , stood up in a double chicken wing wasn't stopped quick enough, ref was right there, just happened too fast.  Great matches throughout the day to watch. some very hard matches won and lost from all.  The only thing I didn't like was they didn't cross the brackets after you lost one. Some kids would lose a match to a kid Friday then Saturday wrestle the same kid 1st match of the consolation rounds. So you would get put out by one wrestler not having a chance to wrestle anyone else. Other than that as usual Father Ryan ran a great tournament with (thank the lord) no big injuries. They really hyped up the finals emphasizing the finalist and the accomplishment 

• Upvote 1

No, I knew from talking with the Hend. Coach.

I do not understand this statement.  Are you saying you did not know that Hendersonville was not there or you knew they were not there by talking to the Hendersonville coach?  Your statement hits both sides and it is not clear.  Why did Hendersonville not go to the Father Ryan tournament?

I do not understand this statement.  Are you saying you did not know that Hendersonville was not there or you knew they were not there by talking to the Hendersonville coach?  Your statement hits both sides and it is not clear.  Why did Hendersonville not go to the Father Ryan tournament?

I was saying no because Hendersonville was not at Tournament. I also said I knew Hendersonville was not at Tournament because I talked with the coach the day before. 

Just going on totally recall, I do know the Irish won the tournament in a convincing manner, followed by M.B.A, Hixson, and Mt. Juliet.

Mt. Juliet had seven wrestlers place in the top six with Zack Wilkins winning the 126 lb. title with an 8-4 victory against Ryan's Jared Frazier. Ryan's Marcello Morrice defeated the Bears Danyon Edens in the finals of the 160 lb. class. Mt. Juliet freshman Nathan Walling claimed third in the 182 lb. class. The Bears had two wrestlers finished fourth with Matt Helm (132 lb.) and Grant Brace (195) losing consolation finals matches. Jacob O'Brien (170) and Jalen Henry (120) finished sixth in the twenty team tournament.