Cleveland High Coaching Search

alt1958

Rang great job his one yr at Powell took them to the semi finals and hear he is a great guy. People in Dresden really seem to like him.

Cummings built a great program at West looks around but stays each year. Knox county is not the greatest place to work so you never know. What he has done at West speaks for itself. Cleveland has seen him 1st hand.

Fitzgerald solid coach while at Rhea took Hixson to quarterfinals and had a winning record at Meigs for 1st time in years.

Monroe multiple state championships at Cleveland. Had some really good teams at Ooltewah. I am sure he is still well respected in Cleveland. how would they feel about bringing him back?

Pemberton good football coach has had a great 2 yr run at Rhea. He is always moving, would he do,it again?

Floyd has made Bradley football relevant again. Would he ever leave Bradley for Cleveland?

Gary Rankin??? Isn't he always in the discussion when a job is open?

Doug Greene???

What about Ted Lockerby? College and high school coaching experience.

Edited by Justask

Rang great job his one yr at Powell took them to the semi finals and hear he is a great guy. People in Dresden really seem to like him.

Cummings built a great program at West looks around but stays each year. Knox county is not the greatest place to work so you never know. What he has done at West speaks for itself. Cleveland has seen him 1st hand.

Fitzgerald solid coach while at Rhea took Hixson to quarterfinals and had a winning record at Meigs for 1st time in years.

Monroe multiple state championships at Cleveland. Had some really good teams at Ooltewah. I am sure he is still well respected in Cleveland. how would they feel about bringing him back?

Pemberton good football coach has had a great 2 yr run at Rhea. He is always moving, would he do,it again?

Floyd has made Bradley football relevant again. Would he ever leave Bradley for Cleveland?

Gary Rankin??? Isn't he always in the discussion when a job is open?

Doug Greene???

What about Ted Lockerby? College and high school coaching experience.

no to lockerby

I think one to consider would be Mark Mariakis. Just resigned a few weeks back. Couldn't find a better leader and person. Has his 30 in Georgia and is used to bigger programs like Cleveland. Would probably be up for double dipping for several more years. And you would get all the Wing T you would ever want.

Ya know, when I saw he'd resigned I thought somebody is gonna get a good coach. Wondered then if he'd be a good fit around here. Never thought it might be us who'd need him. I'd support that hire, for sure.

Won't be a shortage of applicants. Admin has already stated repeatedly that staff is staying on, so it'll have to be someone comfortable with that or from within.

Ya know, when I saw he'd resigned I thought somebody is gonna get a good coach. Wondered then if he'd be a good fit around here. Never thought it might be us who'd need him. I'd support that hire, for sure.

Won't be a shortage of applicants. Admin has already stated repeatedly that staff is staying on, so it'll have to be someone comfortable with that or from within.

he seems open to coaching in 2015. I'm sure we will get a great coach. Just hope the next coach realizes that this team is probably a year away from being really good.

he seems open to coaching in 2015. I'm sure we will get a great coach. Just hope the next coach realizes that this team is probably a year away from being really good.

You're right. Graduation will gut this team and the junior class is tiny by comparison in both talent and numbers.

Question is: will they go out and try to make another home run hire or will they work to maintain what's been built and disrupt everything the least?

The coach from ridgeland would be a good pick. And I'm a fan of the wing-t because I'm a fan of running the football and it got me 3 state championship rings. But the only thing I see with him would be, how much longer will he coach? Cleveland doesn't need to be in the same situation 3 years from now like they have for the past 10 years or so.

You're right. Graduation will gut this team and the junior class is tiny by comparison in both talent and numbers.

Question is: will they go out and try to make another home run hire or will they work to maintain what's been built and disrupt everything the least?

I think they will go for the home run. Some be some pretty good applicants, it's a pretty attractive job.

The coach from ridgeland would be a good pick. And I'm a fan of the wing-t because I'm a fan of running the football and it got me 3 state championship rings. But the only thing I see with him would be, how much longer will he coach? Cleveland doesn't need to be in the same situation 3 years from now like they have for the past 10 years or so.

I definitely think Cleveland needs a long term coach. Which would probably be someone with Raider in their bloodline. But who would be a worthy option?