MARYVILLE 2015

PassiveAggressive

Well gb89 eye hoap yore "moove inn" rb.....gits ellyligibull and stays this time.......And eye'm glaid yore moove inn QB got a scholly.....

Buy tha way......we cood use a goodur chane gang.....Ere thes guys haipy wif thair prezent garbige servuss....???........ :popcorneater:

Goodur point on the rb. But the qb is from here, played the little league. Everybody makes mistakes, I'm just glad he corrected his and moved back :D

I've run the chain gang a time or two. But I'm happy with my municipal garbige servuss here in sevierville. I might enjoy lunch in mairvul occasionally but that's about it

Mquote name="gobears89" post="3358205" timestamp="1439301613"]Not many. They are trying to develop depth. They have very low numbers. It's called good coaching! Some starters have played but if a kid has a runny nose they are simply not playing them in a pre season game. I counted 3 maybe 4 varsity starters on d yesterday. On offense about 7 starters playing. The 4 guys missing on o would most likely start for maryville. The chain gang was three starting lbs and another was the ball boy. It's never as bad as it seems has never been more spot on than it has been the last 2 days the Bears have stepped on the field. Now depth is an issue I have said that all along but the starters are very good.

Now on to another subject after reading some of these DB and OR threads it seems like most HS football teams have issues other than of course the East TN Allstars who by the way have another former Smoky Bear playing on the o line and of course last season they had a TB from Sevierville. Depth is not an issue at maryville. And as long as kids can come in from all over east tn to play there it will not end. I don't blame the kids for wanting to play for a winner but when somebody beats them it makes that kind of upset that much sweeter for the team that pulls it off. The whole public private split is a joke because it will have no bearing on open zoned schools. What's the point? Heck if I wanted to buy my son a championship ring I would have sent him to maryville not a private it's way cheaper. If there is going to be any type of parity then lines need to be drawn on a map and then enforced without exception. That is not going to happen so what we are left with as fans is the dream of some David vs Goliath story at least in this area. No team on the regular season schedule has a chance of beating the Rebs. For the record I pull for the Rebs when they get to those last couple rounds I am not a hater. If college football had a team that had not lost a regular season game in a decade or more there would be an ESPN special about what can the ncaa do to level the playing field. Same in the NFL they want some sort of parity or else it runs the risk of becoming boring for the majority of the fan bases. I am a longtime football guy and I would honestly rather take a team like SC and try to slay the dragon than to have the super team to just pounce on everyone week after week. Although I do admit it would be fun at the end when they have to play 4 quarters to win the gold ball for the thousandth time in a row. :popcorneater:

By the way all this purple looks good on this thread!GoBears!!

Oh boy, this will get some responses. I agree with you that all this purple looks good. Red and black is for elementary schools, imo. I don't understand why we are benching so many starters. I agree with limited reps, but not benching because of a runny nose. As far as a fair playing field and the split, my opinion is 3 classes. For everybody. A multiplier, but everyone together. 3 state champions, period. You want a gold ball, earn it. Maryville has advantages unique to them and they do a good job at taking advantage of them. But the smoky bears have some good advantages that we don't take full advantage of. That's our fault. We have more kids in our school that can play football and we need to get them on the field. I like the coaches we have and the history we have at SC. My kids will play at SC no matter the situation. But I don't blame kids for wanting to move. Its up to us to keep kids here and have a program that attracts kids. We know who our "jimmy cheek" is and have to work around it. I agree our starters are some of the best in the state, but we have to attract kids to play behind them. That's our job and no one else's. I'll be at as many games as possible cheering on the smoky bears. Gb89, hopefully I'll get to meet you at a game this year ®®y®®®®®® Really. They can just come to school here and play? If I wanted to I could pack up my tents and bring my camels to SEVIER CO cause after last night there appear to be many open spots on the Smokey Bears team but I think I'll just stay here in MARYVILLE. The mentality OF EXCUSES and it being someone else's fault that a team sucks is a systematic problem in many systems. GIVE ME A F$ing break.

Edited by MERCYRULER