CPA or Creek Wood who is better

Wavoh8er

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA - down a notch from last year but plays far tougher competition. Still theirs to lose.

CPA is down a notch and Creekwood is up a couple of  nothches seems like CW may be better team at this time. Competition for these two is weak the next few weeks. Hurt CPA last year winning by 30 every night. CW has weak schedule too.

Guest WilliamPayne

My son played AAU ball over the summer with major players from both teams. I know these kids very well. CPA has something CW doesnt and that is MAJOR size. Not just good size but D1 size and one of the best shooters in the Mid state. CW has the Cummings kids and they can flat out play! I think they are both really good but I give edge to CPA by 8-10 on a neutral court.

Reminds me a bit of the threads started in past years about CPA/Cheatham County. The fact remains CPA has lost 2 games to Tenn. teams in the last 110+ games. Creekwood may well be better and beat CPA, but CPA - down a notch?? -  just beat Southwinds on the road, and has played 12 teams (8-4) that, IMO, are as good as Creekwood.

Lot of season left, though.

Does sound a little like the CPA/Cheatham threads last year. Some parallels to that matchup last year for sure (both Cheatham and Creekwood cruise through weak districts). But, didn't the 2 schools play last year or am I thinking of a different school? Creekwood returned their entire roster from last year, and as Mr. Payne noted, the Cummings kids are ballers, so they will probably be a tough out.

Does sound a little like the CPA/Cheatham threads last year. Some parallels to that matchup last year for sure (both Cheatham and Creekwood cruise through weak districts). But, didn't the 2 schools play last year or am I thinking of a different school? Creekwood returned their entire roster from last year, and as Mr. Payne noted, the Cummings kids are ballers, so they will probably be a tough out.

Don't think they played. CPA did beat Kenwood last year, I think. CPA will get better every game this year barring injuries. Howell is a very good player and very strong inside and has just played a week. Campbell gets better every game. They may not be down a notch.

Guest WilliamPayne

The Cummings boys are ballers. Ross has D1 offers already as a junior and the better has a couple D2 offer and interest. They have some of the highest basketball IQs around. But CPA has Blackwells size, and the Davis kid is literally a top 3 shooter in the state. Not to mention the Campbell kid playing literally 3 or more years above his head and doing so extremely well. Both are very talented. CPA by 10 though in my opinion. I spent A LOT of time with several of those kids this summer. Dont think CW has fire power to pull it off.

The cummins boys are ballers for sure,but don't forget about the rest of the guys. Plunkett is a great defender and can fill it up. Also edmondson can flat out play, Probably cw's most versatile player. Turpin is a lock down defender and Aldridge really helps on the boards . They have a good bench also. They may not be able to beat CPA and they could still lose to waverly, but these boys can play. They play fast and extremely hard. CPA is probably still the class of middle tn but cw isn't far back.

Well I watch every creekwood game and I have seen a few of CPA. The game last year was great with creekwood slipping in the 3rd quarter and I know it will be a great game. I wouldn't say cpa by 8 or 10 and don't count them out they have shooters all over the court and playing great ball right now. I'm not going to say much but believe me I'll be back on here when they play and guess we will see. #keepcountingcreekwoodout