Baylor vs Father Ryan match ups

marathon

It looks as though Simpson is a natural 126, and King may weigh 130 soaking wet. King could go 120 easily.

Has king even wrestled 132 yet this year? I can't see him at 120 or 126 even. Maybe Murphy will drop to. Might be some suprises by both teams before it's over.

Edited by rgiii

What matches do you see Ryan winning this time, that they lost last time? Too bad we aren't going to see the Murphy vs King rematch. Doesn't King dropping down hurt their team? Simpson now has to go to 126 when he was the clear cut favorite at 132?

Matches Baylor won last time that they won't win this time.

126- Depending on if Simpson wrestles at 126 i see Simpson vs Reiniche being a much closer match than Reiniche vs Frazier. 

145- Wesnofske vs. Powell in my opinion a fluke wesnofske majored him twice last year i believe. Also Powell has lost twice to the thompson wrestler that Wesnofske pinned.

152- Naughton has been wrestling much better than he was at the beginning of the year and took Canada down then did not wrestle the rest of the match.

220- This match could easily go either way. Stacey won last year i believe at the regions.

285- Father Ryan changed their hwt. He placed at the Father Ryan tournament i believe. Don't know if he will be good enough to win but could be interesting. 

Can someone with knowledge of this match pls tell an old timer when and where the rasslin will be...

The Wesley kid... Is this Susie Q 's offspring?

I assume that sir ghouse will write a 5 page reply on the location and time and I kinda look forward to it..

Go Irish

Bcb iii

This match would be a good one to come out of retirement for Tommy. You've been away long enough. There are still a couple of olphers wrestling! Another year and you will be too old to see any of them.

Cole Holloway has been through quite the interesting wrestling career at this point... he was the DII 103 state champ in 2011.

From what is shown in trackwrestling his only matches were this past weekend where he went 5-1 (not sure how he got 6 varsity matches so assuming something is mislabeled).

We actually wrestled 8 times Garrett. It was a 2 day dual tournament . His very first match since his sophomore year was against the #1 guy in Alabama and it came down to the wire. He wasn't in wrestling shape yet so that was a tough one to start with.

We actually wrestled 8 times Garrett. It was a 2 day dual tournament . His very first match since his sophomore year was against the #1 guy in Alabama and it came down to the wire. He wasn't in wrestling shape yet so that was a tough one to start with.

Must have been a very tough injury. Sorry to hear. He must have hit puberty wrestling 103 now at 182. Glad to hear he is back hope he is healthy!

Just the facts baby. Just the facts:

Early December. Baylor 34, Father Ryan 27.

Baylor 8 wins, 10 bonus points ( 3 pins at 126, 195, 285, 1 Major at 170). Forfeited at 106 and 182

Ryan 4 wins, 3 bonus points (pin at 113) and 2 wins by forfeit

Both teams may well look quite different tomorrow night, looking toward peaking for States in 2 wks.

Both teams work hard, are well coached, and will compete hard.

Head over to McCallie for a good show tomorrow. A Double Dual in the 'nooga.....

5:30 Father Ryan vs Baylor. MBA vs McCallie

7 approx. Father Ryan vs McCallie. MBA vs Baylor

Finally found the results from the Cleveland duals. Every match is vital, either being swing matches or the ability to gain bonus points. I spoke with two different Baylor dads and one Father Ryan this week. I will put the general consensus beside each weight . These are the best two teams in Tennessee and should be a great match.

CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

BAYLOR 34, FATHER RYAN 27

(Match started at 145 Pounds)

106 – Christian Simpson (FR) won by forfeit;

Baylor will have a 106, one thought they would get decisioned, one thought they would get pinned. Ryan thinks they will pin here anyway.

Prediction: Ryan decision

3-0 Ryan

113 – Raymond Eason (FR) pinned Trevor Milling, 4:49;

Another chance for Baylor to gain some ground. Both Baylor dads are confident they will not get pinned here again. One said they have a shot winning it. Ryan thinks they will pin.

Prediction Ryan Decision

Ryan 6-0

120 – Trey Chalifoux (FR) dec. Jack Reynolds, 13-7;

Baylor is worried about this one, the much improved Reynolds has not wrestled much since their first meeting. Ryan thinks they will major at a minimum.

Prediction; Ryan by major

Ryan 10-0

126 – Mason Reiniche (Bay) pinned Jared Frazier, 2:57;

Big swing here for Ryan if Simpson drops down. Baylor is still confident and Ryan is to.

Prediction Ryan by decision.

Ryan 13-0

132 – Kirby Simpson (FR) dec. Alex Atchley, 8-2;

If king does indeed drop down this is another chance for Ryan to tack on some more points. Hopefully we get to see the Murphy vs King rematch though.

Prediction Ryan by pin

Ryan 19-0

138 – Eli King (FR) dec. Michael Murphy, 6-5;

If king drops down Baylor is confident they will pin here. They are confident they will win even if he doesn't. They swear up and down Murphy was very sick and missed the next few matches and big Kansas tournament afterwards.

Prediction ; king drops down to 132 and Baylor pins

Ryan 19 Baylor 6

145 – Caleb Powell (Bay) dec. Chris Wesnofske, 8-4;

Huge match . Baylor feels they will win again and Ryan thinks they will.

Prediction: I'm torn on this one...Baylor by decision

Ryan 19 Baylor 9

152 – Caleb Canada (Bay) dec. Nick Naughton, 5-2;

Another huge swing match. Both teams are confident although Canada has missed some time with injury and Naughton is wrestling better.

Prediction: torn on this one as well but I will go with Naughton this time since I gave the 145 to Baylor.

Ryan 22- Baylor 9

160 – Blake Sutherland (Bay) dec. Marcelo Morrice, 3-1;

Now we get to the part of the lineup where Baylor separates itself from other teams. This is a rematch of last years state finals which was also close. Baylor guarantees bonus points and Ryan seemed nervous they may give some up. Despite the close scores they said Sutherland has controlled the matches and that he is healthy and wrestling really well coming off of near upset of super32 champ Bullard last week.

Prediction: I think it depends on where the match starts. If Ryan needs to just not get pinned he has proven he can keep the scores close. If Ryan needs a win there it may end up with big bonus.

Prediction: Baylor decision

Ryan 22 Baylor 12

170 – Cayman Seagroves (Bay) won by major dec. over Andrew Wesnofske, 11-1;

This is one Baylor is confident they will gain ground. They predict a pin and state Seagraves is on fire having also barely lost to the other nationally ranked Bullard by 2 Pts.

Prediction Baylor pin

Father Ryan 22 Baylor 18

182 – Preston Cook (FR) won by forfeit;

Huge swing here for Baylor. Cole Holloway is indeed back. They tried to keep

It a secret but thanks to trackwrestling that's not possible. Last week was his first week on the mat in almost 2 seasons and he lost a close match in his first match against a stud. They are confident this will be a pin. One dad told me he won't get scored on at this weight in Tennessee.

Prediction Baylor pin

Baylor 24 Ryan 22

195 – Ryan Parker (Bay) pinned John Shaw, :40;

This weight is very weak and Parker is very good.

They stated nobody will score on Parker in Tennessee either.

Prediction Baylor pin

Baylor 30 Ryan 22

220 – Jon Schmissrauter (Bay) dec. Ben Stacey, 3-2;

Another huge swing match it seems as though both of these kids have gone back and forth. Baylor says Schmissrateur is wrestling better than ever and they are confident he will win. One even predicted a pin. Ryan is also confident they will win.

Prediction Baylor decision

Baylor 33 Ryan 22

285 – Cooper Reiniche (Bay) pinned Rotime Bamgbose, 1:03.

Father Ryan has a new heavyweight. Can he get the win here.

Prediction : Baylor forfeits

Final score Baylor 33 Ryan 28

I gave swing matches to Baylor at 145 and 220. Ryan could very well win one if not both of those. This match is going to be great

Edited by rgiii
  • Upvote 1

Not to be overlooked is the McCallie vs Father Ryan and Mba matches as well. The will be some huge individual matchups tonight. Is McCallie healthy? How will they stack up with Father Ryan? What are the big math ups in these matches? Westbrooks v Simpson? Dendy vs King possibly? Cornell vs Chalifoux? what are the predictions on this one ?

Rgiii has it Baylor 33 Father Ryan 28 with Baylor forfeting Heavy. The match may not start at 106 so lets assume they wrestle all the weighs and Baylor pins at Hvy, that would make it Baylor 39 Father Ryan 22.

He gave 2 of the 3 swing matches to Baylor and no bonus points at 106 or 113. 

Im going to say Ryan wins 2 out of 3 swing matches. That makes it 36-25.

I think Ryan will get a pin at  at either 106 or 113 to make it 36-28 final score.