Region Duals... Bradley Or Cleveland ?

chattwrestle

The only wat to stop is just send 1 team from every region.

Yeah possible cheat the second best team in the state a chance to prove it. That hurts the people who it's suppose to be about. The kids. It's their sport their time. Outside that you also cheat fans from other parts of the state a chance to see a possibly better matchup. It's their region they don't seem to have a problem doing it.

True dat! But SD lost in all 3 spots (132, 220, HWT) giving up 18 in those 3 spots, so don't count make the reservations just yet. I know they are down after the Bradley match, but look for these guys to come out fighting. Go Trojans!

Interesting.. Ill try to find the results of that match. I may need to rethink this match up, I was just going by the results of Soddy vs Bradley match.

True dat! But SD lost in all 3 spots (132, 220, HWT) giving up 18 in those 3 spots, so don't count make the reservations just yet. I know they are down after the Bradley match, but look for these guys to come out fighting. Go Trojans!

Soddy won 7-4 at 132 Mclure vs Blansit so that would be a spot Cleveland could potentially have a 9 pt swing.

That being said, it appears both teams line ups have changed since then.

Cleveland also forfeited at 120 so if they can get someone in that weight class that would be another spot to gain some points.

It looks like in the last dual meet Russo wrestled 152 and Holcomb wrestled 145 and Houser was at 138. They have all gone down a weight now which is an opportunity for them to gain some points if  Russo can beat Taylor.I would think Holcumb would pin at 138 and Houser may be able to not give up as many bonus at 132. The potential to make up some ground in those three weights is there. It also appears Cleveland has dropped  their 113 down to 106 so that may be a spot for them to gain some ground. This match will be much closer than I thought after looking at it. I think Cleveland has the edge but if Soddy wrestles their best they might have a chance.  

Yeah possible cheat the second best team in the state a chance to prove it. That hurts the people who it's suppose to be about. The kids. It's their sport their time. Outside that you also cheat fans from other parts of the state a chance to see a possibly better matchup. It's their region they don't seem to have a problem doing it.

Than make them wrestle.

What about the people who live there that got cheated by not getting to see the match. The match they paid to see. We're they not cheated ? How about little Johnny grandmother and grandfather who drove 75 miles to see the match were they not cheated ?

The coaches voted on taking two teams from each region to help the sport so does it help the sport to not wrestle in the finals.

You say it is about kids so let them wrestle. If it hurts the one that's it's supposed to be about why not wrestle ?

The last several years they have not wrestled in the region finals. Well the never wrestled in the state duals either.

Than make them wrestle.

What about the people who live there that got cheated by not getting to see the match. The match they paid to see. We're they not cheated ? How about little Johnny grandmother and grandfather who drove 75 miles to see the match were they not cheated ?

The coaches voted on taking two teams from each region to help the sport so does it help the sport to not wrestle in the finals.

You say it is about kids so let them wrestle. If it hurts the one that's it's supposed to be about why not wrestle ?

The last several years they have not wrestled in the region finals. Well the never wrestled in the state duals either.

Usually the arrangement is known before hand and most involved have been told of the situation IF it arises. So Grandma and Grandpa already know. And more people see them wrestle in the regular season than the region cause it's more convenient for them. Bradley /Cleveland/Walker draw nice crowds cause they like see the local kids. I've seen it in most sports with multiple schools playing at the same place and same day the crowds are not as big cause they don't like to travel to watch other teams when they can see better matches during the regular season. Spoiled I guess.

Than make them wrestle.

And I said one team from the region hurts the kids not forfeiting a match if you're going anyway. Why risk an injury? And I've seen it announced more than once about the arrangement in the local paper. Apparently they are not breaking any rules. And in 2007 Soddy beat Bradley for the State duals title. Maybe you mentioned lately. Edited by anotherback
  • Upvote 1

I think Wilson Central is shaking in their boots. I see 1st and 2nd in both region and state coming to the same county! I foretell as a wrestling EXPERT Bradley fighting their way back into a State Title! Given the cross town and tough/respected Raiders team. Wilson Centrals Finals appearances have come to an end.  

It's amazing on how HISTORY and TRADITION repeats itself!

Than make them wrestle.

Coaches want to win the state.  I'd rather be second inthe region if it gave my team a better chance to win the state.  Kids want to win the state.  Good coaches are usually trusted by their team and kids should take the coaches word for it that they are doing what is on their best intrest. 

In therory there is already a region champion since all of the teams have wrestled and each region decides how their region champion will be determined.  The region tourny is not mandated by the state, so I doubt you'll see the T$$AA mandate that teams not forfeit.

The state duals is a rare team event in wrestling and the team is what is most important in this case. 

$.02