Will Antioch and Cane Ridge ever name new coaches

Inside great post and spot on. The whole race thing don't mean squat. If you care about the kids, show them you are wanting to help them grow in life, teach them how to be a good man, husband, and father, if you respect them and are a good coach not much else matters. You will relate to them. Overtons coach will stay awhile, east coach will too. Not sure how long Clayton will stay but Lopez is an excellent young coach. All three head coaches have really good staffs. And your last paragraph, glad you are doing well and happy. Good luck to you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen!!!!! Congratulations, the good ole' boy system is back in Metro. Hall is friends with Kroger's brother and Woods (who also applied at Antioch) played for Reese at Tennessee State.  Metro is apparently changing period. Both programs will suffer terribly. There is more to football in Metro than just coaching...... You got to be able to do it all!  We have it made in the private schools. We get your best kids. We don't worry about fundraising, facilities, or field maintenance. Its all taken care of by our boosters and outside companys. As far as the whole Black American Male to the White American Male Coach.............  You are all being ridiculous. Woodward left with a winning record and Peden was the OC (The farmers just got tired). CR's HC left with a winning record and apparently got pushed out by administration for a bigger plan yet to be seen. The only thing those kids and the coaches need to relate to is hard work and a winning work etthic, color or background has nothing to do with it.  All the good coaches that are left in Metro will stay put at their schools ( East, Overton, Hillsboro) or move out of county to coach.  Bottom line............. Neither team will see a State Championship within the next 10-20 years.

Inside why do you care? Started in Metro and after 10 yrs found out how corrupt it truly is.  I got tired of doing things the right way alone and went to where all players,parents, and coaches understand the importance of football within the school and each young man that plays the game. You wanna see a program done right. Go see a Blue Tornado play on Friday Night. Honor, Truth, and Duty!

Metro is a great place to coach. I have no regrets. No,Metro does not have many of the things private or out lying counties have, but the rewards of working with metro kids is reward enough. The relationships developed with these young men is beyond measure. The obstacles of coaching in Metro is very rewarding also. To overcome lack of boosters,community support,having to care for fields,lining them also,raising money for program,taking kids home,and I am sure others is something that many coaches can't do or not willing. Winning tastes very sweet when done with the work that comes with it. To beat a private school or out lying county school is a priceless experience. I am sure it is nice to just coach and not have to deal with the obstacles with coaching in Metro. If that is what you like then good for you. That is why it takes a special person and coach to work in Metro. Also,why many coaches outside never apply for a Metro job. I do agree that color has nothing to do with relationships with players,it about letting them know they come first and everything done is for them. My last year at Antioch we have 75 players doing things year round, winter workouts after school,spring ball,summer workouts and then season. No one could come out or play if they did not do these. At the end of the season we still had the same 75. They knew we cared. That is the bottom line.

Edited by runtheball

Metro is a great place to coach. I have no regrets. No,Metro does not have many of the things private or out lying counties have, but the rewards of working with metro kids is reward enough. The relationships developed with these young men is beyond measure. The obstacles of coaching in Metro is very rewarding also. To overcome lack of boosters,community support,having to care for fields,lining them also,raising money for program,taking kids home,and I am sure others is something that many coaches can't do or not willing. Winning tastes very sweet when done with the work that comes with it. To beat a private school or out lying county school is a priceless experience. I am sure it is nice to just coach and not have to deal with the obstacles with coaching in Metro. If that is what you like then good for you. That is why it takes a special person and coach to work in Metro. Also,why many coaches outside never apply for a Metro job. I do agree that color has nothing to do with relationships with players,it about letting them know they come first and everything done is for them. My last year at Antioch we have 75 players doing things year round, winter workouts after school,spring ball,summer workouts and then season. No one could come out or play if they did not do these. At the end of the season we still had the same 75. They knew we cared. That is the bottom line.

Well stated runtheball. Anyway, the privates have their own misery having to deal with each private cannibalizing the other. And then hiding in the weeds from Ensworth. Lol.

What does highlife have to do with what I stated.

Your comment regarding Lopez. Im sure you can connect the dots. Been around a longtime and became a fan of Craig. Followed him over to HHS when he got shafted by the principal (no need to argue about it cause i know there is another side). I also know some of the admin at HHS way before Craig came over and just surprised that you suggested That Lopez is Shraders pick but maybe you are just givin your opinion what you think might happen. I doubt anyone has even considered a new HC for HHS. But maybe you are in the know. U saying Craig is leavin??

What does highlife have to do with what I stated.

Your comment regarding Lopez. Im sure you can connect the dots. Been around a longtime and became a fan of Craig. Followed him over to HHS when he got shafted by the principal (no need to argue about it cause i know there is another side). I also know some of the admin at HHS way before Craig came over and just surprised that you suggested That Lopez is Shraders pick but maybe you are just givin your opinion what you think might happen. I doubt anyone has even considered a new HC for HHS. But maybe you are in the know. U saying Craig is leavin??