BEST 8TH GRADE PLAYERS

Guest RUREADY

The Nike team did not play over at Hooptown and none of there main 10 played there either.

I know that they played B division AAU. How did that help her, if she is so good then play her in A division and let her play againist the best. I saw some teams in B division and I could have took a allright junior high team and won the B division state.

The kid is a good player but all the hype she is getting is coming to soon and may set her up for failure. From what I am hearing the kid is not even going to go to Cumberland County to school. That in itself says something about her parents when they coach in Cumberland County and don't evn let there own daughter go to school there.

Like I said earlier I think the kid has a ton of potential but think that her parents may be listening to the wrong person on what they should do with there daughter about Basketball.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest samtron

To my knowledge, Mt. Juliet Middle won the TMSAA (Tennessee Middle School Athletic Association) large division state tournament the past two years. It was a different tournament from that which Ocoee won.

I believe there are several sectional champions involved in the TMSAA tournaments. I know in the East there were teams like Lafollette, Jacksboro, Clinton, Robertsville, Jefferson, Lake City, Norris, Pegion Forge, Wartburg (small school champions) and William Blount (Large school Champions) and several others. In the girls I think this is correct.

I looked on the TSSAA web page and found this. So there could be several State Sectional Champions.

Okay Showtime. Will you answer these questions? Honestly?

1) Are you a parent, or a coach, or a player, or a spectator?

2) If you are a parent, how many kids do you have that participate in sports?

3) What baring do you have on the outcome of any player, let alone anyone with great potential?

4) How can you question what a parent should or should not do for their child?

You can say whatever you want on these boards. I would just think that if you are a genually good person, you would either say she is a good player that has concerned parents, or say that you believe another player is better without a downgrading comparison.

Save that for the ESPN college and pro boards. They talk about everybodies' mama on those boards!

There is no ONE state tournament where you can recognize ONE champion like the TSSAA High School Championship. The TMSSA

recognizes SECTIONAL CHAMPIONS from each grand division of the state. The state tournament Ocoee won is an INVITATIONAL

tournament. About any team with a decent record can enter it.

THere is no preliminary elimination rounds to determine who should go. There are several other "state" tournaments held held each spring as "fundraisers" for the host schools.

For example, the "TNT State Tournament" held each year in Springfield.

Milan Middle School girls fianlly have a coach. It shows. After years of suffering, they are on a roll. They are 5-0 after a 46-35 victory over USJ. Before that the average score was 47-15 in their favor. If there are any AAU coaches looking for talent 7th or 8th grade MMS is loaded. See you @ the TNT

Backup, you are correct. Sectional Champ is as far as you can go in middle school. William Blount won Sectionals last year. WB will have a hard time repeating this year wihtout the big people they had. Angela Puleo will draw the center of attention. Very athletic. Karly Stache will help.