Cannon-Livingston round 3

Jar2h

CC has proven to have a really good team. They handed LA their only loss this year during regulation play (convincingly). But they also had a really good team last year & didn't get it done in the tourney. I have to go with LA considering it is tourney time & (as our girls found out) its hard to beat a good team 3 times in a row. We will see if CC can get it done & live up to the hype! I do believe the winner of this game wins region too.

• Upvote 1

What would've sufficed for you regarding last years CC team since they "didn't get it done in the tourney"? Lost to eventual State Tourney Upperman team if memory serves correctly

Your right good point, but with them struggling with SC they still have to prove they can get it done in post season. SC has improved alot but both games CC has played since the LA game has been close against weaker teams. Makes me think CC had a good night & caught LA on a bad night. I said earlier that CC was the better team but now Im not convinced. LA by 10+ Edited by oldkodger

CC is overrated, Eldridge, Qualls, and Craig had the flu the last time they played. Why do you think they had no energy and made so many turnovers. I know this for a fact but credit to LA for not using it as an excuse. I have seen both teams and CC will not hang with a healthy LA team. You heard it here 1st! LA will win this one by 25!

I called it several weeks ago that Smith would give some teams trouble in the tourney.  Do not discredit how much they have improved. This coming from a Cannon fan...ask Upperman as well.  Since we are throwing out excuses, Cannon had the bye in the tournament (due to finishing first place and beating Livingston twice B) ) so they had not played a game in 9 days.  Plus, they didn't know who they were playing until the night before.  Cannon played flat which I think we all knew was going to happen.  Smith County is rolling right now, and Cannon still made the plays to win at the end.  Not to mention, Livingston has had more games on Cookeville's floor this year than Cannon.  I do believe this game will be closer than the last.  I'm sure the hogeye will be out for blood to avenge the whooping they took in Woodbury!  However, considering everyone picked Livingston the previous two times they played, please keep picking them! I'm just ready to watch some basketball!