Region 2A

TFL

I actually I thought the game was over early. I don't think I have ever seen a team get so dominated in the first half and come back out and play like the Meigs girls did. 19 down and came back. AMAZING. That coach did an excellent job in making adjustments. Oneida could have easily been in the boro. If they had been in another region. They are a really really good team. Sign me up I'm the newest Meigs fan.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually I thought the game was over early. I don't think I have ever seen a team get so dominated in the first half and come back out and play like the Meigs girls did. 19 down and came back. AMAZING. That coach did an excellent job in making adjustments. Oneida could have easily been in the boro. If they had been in another region. They are a really really good team. Sign me up I'm the newest Meigs fan.

Welcome aboard lol

No if Oneida could handle pressure defense they would of been there. And meigs isn't blaming the refs at all. Oliver springs is a great team and deserved to win tonight. It was a great game. Refs missed a few calls but they missed em both ways not just on meigs. So whoever your team is enjoy your selves Monday night while meigs is playing in substate.

I don't think there has been anyone reflecting on the selection of the region tournament team. Whoever was in position to make the choices they made should have their BIASED opinions critizised. Oneida players got shafted by obvious favortism towards Harriman and tellico plains. Not one kid was selected even though that team represented a MUCH better body of work. Stinks to high heaven that someone was that clearly biased in what should have been an impartial decision. Nothing but bad impression on the host school. Reeks.........

Kaz

I agree Oneida got snubbed. Nothing against Harriman but CMON MAN 3 on the region team REALLY. They got more than the second place team and finishes 5 or 6 in tourney. If I'm Oneida I'm mad also. Their point deserves 1 at least. Midway 1 got it right Tellico 1 got it right. No complaints about GCA selection she's a player. No way Harriman gets 3 in district or region tourney. AT MOST 1 PER TOURNEY. AT MOST.

I'll just say this......the basketball IQ of the party of the selection process reflects to nothing more than a HOMER. Oneida clearly out played Harriman in the tournament and nearly upset #1 seed Meigs Co in the semi's. Harriman probably merited one selection period, as essential that kid kept them around.....but they lost by what? Congrats to OS and Meigs.......wish u luck going forward.

Kazzy

I don't know which players because I didn't attend championship, but these should have been no brainers

Emily and Rachel Griffith

Jones

#3 Meigs Co

#25 Meigs Co

Duggins

GCA Post

Newport

Morgan/Dishman (both had good numbers)

#24 Harriman

I think those are relative no brainers.......anyone else would have come from exceptional play in maybe the championship game.

Kaz

Easy on the administration at Harriman High School.  Those all-tourney teams are chosen by the local newspaper people, NOT anyone at the host school.

I'm a Harriman fan and agree that the choices were not well done but want to make sure you all place the blame in the right direction.  Our school does a nice job hosting this tournament and doesn't deserve to be bashed for the tournament team picks.

Contact the sports guys at the Morgan County News and the Roane County News with your complaints.