Gatlinburg-Pittman vs Elizabethton

lawnman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad our girls got it done... I'm not gonna lie I did not want to see betsy in e-town for the substate... No disrespect to Grainger that will be a tough game but the betst girls are a different breed...

What can you tell us about GP because I hear they have a good team.

I can tell you they better be awful good to stay close to our girls. First half will probably be close, 10 points or so. After halftime and with proper adjustments, I say 20+ point win by Elizabethton.

These two teams play very similar. Whoever's outside shots are falling and can win the battle of the boards will have the upper hand.

Elizabethton will start pressing GP as soon as they hit Carter County while still on the bus. Some teams have broken their press this year but it takes so much effort they get out of rhythm and miss their shots. if you press Elizabethton that's just what they want you to do because it leaves so many people open and they don't miss their shots, it's very hard to doubleteam 5 people.and the ones coming off the bench are very good.

Elizabethton will start pressing GP as soon as they hit Carter County while still on the bus. Some teams have broken their press this year but it takes so much effort they get out of rhythm and miss their shots. if you press Elizabethton that's just what they want you to do because it leaves so many people open and they don't miss their shots, it's very hard to doubleteam 5 people.and the ones coming off the bench are very good.

GP enjoys being pressed. They have very good guard play. The question will be if they can defend and rebound well.

Going to be a great game!  Not much in way of commen opponents but one.  That being Pigeon Forge.  Betsy won that game 61-33.  GP has played Pigeon Forge three times winning all three 64-50, 62-40, 57-41.  Defensive pressure and rebounding will be the key for the Cyclones to be "heading back to the 'Borro!".  Go Betsy GO !!!!