Community vs. South Greene

jrm2x

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it would be a good one. I knew E ton was good up here two years ago when their freshman all but beat a senior led CPA team. We had a he'll of a team. I think our girls thought we had the McMinn Central game won before it was played in 2010. We got down 21 in the third quarter before we woke up. McMinn had a good team that year as well.

Yes, they defeated us... Ummm.... Convincingly. Lol SG had a heck of team too. I honestly think they could have beaten any other team there.

In my personal opinion, your '10 team wasn't nearly as strong as the '09 team. The '09 game was the state championship in my eyes. That was a good class. Casteel, Kinser, Sizemore, and Co. could play some ball.

In my personal opinion, your '10 team wasn't nearly as strong as the '09 team. The '09 game was the state championship in my eyes. That was a good class. Casteel, Kinser, Sizemore, and Co. could play some ball.

I would say you're probably right about that. Dye was point both years and she was great. Very quick. Not many matched up with her and then she met Butler.

Butler had scholarship offers all over the country and chose to play with her 2009 coach Kevin McMillan at UTM. Main reason is she wanted her mom and sister to be able to cone to every game. That is what kind of kid she is. Lot of heart on the court and off the court. Very special kid.

He sat #11 down when she got her 3rd foul. I think the inbound was intended for #32 first and then #11. But it does not surprise me that CRUM made it happen. I wish I could have been there. I'm sure Community is heartbroken. Losing on a buzzer beater is the hardest loss of all. Radio Greeneville has already posted a video on Facebook and it looks like Crum just made it happen. She literally came out of nowhere.

I take back my comment that she was not first choice. I have watched the video several times and it looks planned. She slides into her spot at the 3 point line, looks at the goal and then asks for the ball. She was not being guarded. I'm thinking SG knew community expected them to throw it to 32 or 11 and slid 14 in there. She sized up the shot before she even had the ball. Regardless... She made it look easy. So proud of her.

I doubt it. Heather Butler is the best basketball player I have ever seen in West TN bar none. Kid got stronger and faster as game went on. Congrats to South Green on a big win. You made up for the bad call on the South Green blocked shot the possession before.

There were some bad calls both ways.  25 picked up her third foul on a called charge that was terrible call.  Her sub was waiting to enter after she had just picked up her second.   Had to sit a very long spell due to that call.   Any game will have bad calls, its inevitable.   The teams were pretty even, but I felt Community should of won the game.  They were their own worse enemy with 16 turnovers mostly from bad passes.   I'm sure SG full court press had alot to do with that as well.   Community returns pretty much everyone, so they'll be a force next year.  

Reed and Pierce are game changers.

I take back my comment that she was not first choice. I have watched the video several times and it looks planned. She slides into her spot at the 3 point line, looks at the goal and then asks for the ball. She was not being guarded. I'm thinking SG knew community expected them to throw it to 32 or 11 and slid 14 in there. She sized up the shot before she even had the ball. Regardless... She made it look easy. So proud of her.