Hamilton vs Hillsboro

TnBasketball1

If i'm not mistaken Hamilton got caught cheating.... T$$AA has no stones no backbone to allow a team that cheated during the regular season to continue to play in the post season.  It will be a travesty if this team wins our state championship thats all i got to say.  Ya'll will get on here and yell and scream and call names but no way its the right thing to do to allow this coach and this school to play and win our state championship.  They should not only be banned this year but atleast a 2 year ban and the coach should be dismissed.  Heck you get a national outrage when two girls teams try to lose ONE game, both coaches fired both teams suspended from post season play and Hamilton KNOWINGLY plays and illegal player and gets nothing but a few games taken away?  What has our society come to?  T$$AA is afraid of Memphis plain and simple. 

+1

from the Commercial Appeal

Lawsons lead way as Hamilton hammers Hillsboro in AAA quarters

John Varlas

lawsonbrothers_1410471100989_7956732_ver

MURFREESBORO — A three hour-plus bus ride through the nondescript landscape of West Tennessee gave K.J. Lawson plenty of time to think after his Hamilton team lost to Murfreesboro Blackman in the state quarterfinals last year.

Now, he’ll get to think about that same team some more.

K.J. and his brother Dedric — the Wildcats’ Mr. Basketball finalists — each scored 20 points Wednesday to lead Hamilton to an easy 74-42 win over Nashville Hillsboro at the BlueCross AAA state tournament.

The victory sends Hamilton (14-16, with 15 forfeits because of an ineligible player) into Friday’s semifinals against the same Blackman team that eliminated it on the way to winning the championship last year.

“I’ve been playing Blackman ever since I’ve been coming to the state tournament,†said K.J., who was a freshman at East when the Mustangs beat the Blaze en route to winning the title in 2012.

“I’m very familiar with them. But we had to get over the hump. We know what it’s like to make that ride after losing.â€

K.J. certainly made sure there would be no quick return trip to Memphis, going 7 of 10 from the floor and 5 of 6 from the line while adding five rebounds and three steals. Dedric — a University of Memphis signee like his brother — was 8 of 14 from the floor to help the Wildcats finish the game at 51.9 percent. He also pitched in with eight rebounds and four steals.

“Last year basically left a bad taste in our mouths,†Dedric said. “Last year is behind us but we try to use it as extra motivation and play with a little extra chip on our shoulders.â€

Indeed the Lawsons were so dominant on Wednesday that the only suspense left in the fourth quarter was whether Hillsboro’s team would outscore the duo. And even though the brothers were on the bench for the final three-and-half minutes, the Burros (24-9) weren’t able to pull ahead until Ronald Reeves hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer.

“I think all kids are going to have some jitters in the first game of a tournament,†said Wildcats coach Todd Day. “The most important game is the first game but we were poised and our leaders led us.

“This is my first rodeo, but they’ve been here before.†And they made sure it was never close either.

Hamilton never trailed after Jarvis Morgan opened the game with a 3. The Wildcats led by seven after the first quarter, by 12 at halftime and by 21 after three.

Jordan Cummings scored 11 for the Wildcats, who are in pursuit of their first state title since going undefeated in 2006.

Reeves and Thomas Smith each scored nine points to lead the Burros, while Smith pulled down 17 boards.

Edited by kwc