class AA Mr. basketball

bballguru1

I know Blackwell is a very good player, tremendous player but I don't think that was fair.. Everyone in the gym believed McNeal was going to win. Mcneal plays harder competition and had a better season than Blackwell.. Its over with now but thats kinda sad. CPA has had a Mr. Basketball winner 4 years in a row. Blackwell is only a junior so he will win it again to make 5 in a row and then tyger Campbell will take the throne next. That's not fair at all

Varnado was at the state tourney! He played incredible. I seen regular season games of mcneal and its hard to out do what McNeal did this year, I didn't get to see Blackwell until the state tournament. Varnado is very good but not the best AA player in the state, he had a better tournament than anyone their regardless of class

McNeal had a heck of a year this year and should have won Mr basketball... Varnado had a heck of a tourny but the last 4 games I've seen him play state plus Ss in sub state are the best 4 games I've seen him play and i have seen him play 15-20 times .... Also Blackwell is by far the best AA player in the state Varnado out played him in there game but Haywood's game plan was to stop Blackweel CPA couldn't sell out to stop Varnado because he has great players around him ...

Edited by big_mike0307

McNeal had a heck of a year this year and should have won Mr basketball... Varnado had a heck of a tourny but the last 4 games I've seen him play state plus Ss in sub state are the best 4 games I've seen him play and i have seen him play 15-20 times .... Also Blackwell is by far the best AA player in the state Varnado out played him in there game but Haywood's game plan was to stop Blackweel CPA couldn't sell out to stop Varnado because he has great players around him ...

Well said

As I said in an earlier post, Blackwell was the best AA player in the State this year, but McNeal had the best year of any AA player. Varnado is a beast (in the words of Blackwell) and hopefully gets some better offers coming off a great tournament performance. Blackwell showed great class in recognizing the excellent play of Varnado. Obviously, some real respect there. Blackwell's coach could learn a thing or two from his player and give a few props to Haywood the victor.

Vanardo made a statement for not being a Mr.Basketball finalist this year.Outplayed Vick in Region Quarters, who for the most part of the game didn't have double figures, Mcneil in Substate, who finished with 7 points, and Blackwell in State Semis, who couldn't do anything with Vanardo until late in the game.Blackwell struggled against South Side last year also this same game last year.I think all three finalists are deserving, I just don't see how Vanardo wasn't a finalist after being nominated last year.He is on the best AA team in the State that was in beast mode at the State Tournament.

Mcneal also had 7 assists and 6 rebounds that game while getting boxed and 1 and double teamed. Mr. Basketball is based off regular season performances and no one had a better regular season than McNeal, regardless of class. I wouldn't just up and say Blackwell is the best AA player in the state because that is a biased opinion to someone who has not seen west TN basketball. West TN basketball eats Middle or East TN. If you follow west TN basketball than everyone knows that McNeal is the best.. He averages almost a triple double. Blackwell just turned 18 last Month, McNeal is still 17 years of age. Varnado went beast mode because he wanted to win a state championship and he wanted Mr. Basketball, that shows that he is a fierce competitor and shows how scary good he actually can be. I just hate how he ppl think Blackwell is god when he beats up on sub-par teams in his area and is a highly recruited prospect in the nation but in reality if he was in his right grade or if he lived in west TN, he would get his butt exposed, point blank period. McNeal and Varnado is better than Blackwell!