Region 7-5A

MSURacer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know what to expect from Henry Co this year. I mean I'm sure we'll have the pieces to put together a solid team, but idk how we will stack up against everyone else. Whether we have a great, good, or mediocre year, none would really surprise me at this point. Several unknowns with this bunch.

We do have a big upcoming senior class as mentioned above, but we may have to depend on several underclassmmen at the skill positions. There is much talent and skill there, but only time will tell how it all blends together for 2015's sake.

HC knows how to grow and develop its players, so I am sure your upcoming seniors will be ready to continue the tradition. Plus there is something special about players who work hard but don't get their shot until senior year.

Edited by Pilgrim

This game has gotten so big that they have considered moving it to APSU stadium.

Two schools roughly a couple miles between them. Imagine if we could pool the talent! Gonna be tough for Rossview to defend the Warfield Shield this year. Not saying they cant!! If this young team competes this year, it sets up another great run the next couple years...

Who is Rossview playing out of district this year ?  This should be an interesting Region that could send someone deep into the new 5A playoffs this season.

My prediction

Henry County.....don't see Brentwood or Centennial able to handle the "physical" that Henry County always brings to the table

Centennial

Clarksville

Brentwood

Dickson County

Rossview

Northeast

West Creek

Who is Rossview playing out of district this year ?  This should be an interesting Region that could send someone deep into the new 5A playoffs this season.

My prediction

Henry County.....don't see Brentwood or Centennial able to handle the "physical" that Henry County always brings to the table

Centennial

Clarksville

Brentwood

Dickson County

Rossview

Northeast

West Creek

East Nashville, Beech and Station Camp

I really don't know what to expect from Henry Co this year. I mean I'm sure we'll have the pieces to put together a solid team, but idk how we will stack up against everyone else. Whether we have a great, good, or mediocre year, none would really surprise me at this point. Several unknowns with this bunch.

We do have a big upcoming senior class as mentioned above, but we may have to depend on several underclassmmen at the skill positions. There is much talent and skill there, but only time will tell how it all blends together for 2015's sake.

I'd say you're about right.

HC should have one of the best front 7's in 5A this year. There's a lot to like about the D-Line, and the LB's should be solid.  I'll be interested to see what the secondary looks like.  We lost some talent, but return some as well.  From what I saw last year, we've got some underclassmen with interesting mixes of speed and size. They'll just have to learn on the job.

The offense is the bigger question mark to me. I said it at the end of the 2014 season, and I stand by it... I really think we adopt more of a spread look.  Given the athleticism, speed, and youth at the skill positions, it's hard to imagine that the coaches won't try to get these guys in space and see what happens.  These guys really have the potential to treat us to a fun couple of years.  I'm sure there will be growing pains, but that's football. With that said, this is still a Counce team.  I wouldn't be surprised if these boys turn into a smashmouth team. Good teams take on the persona of their coaches.  It all comes down to line play, from youth leagues to the NFL.  I don't know a ton about our horses in that area, but I know we've got the staff to coach them up. It'll be a fun season. Who knows... Maybe we'll end up playing our final game in December.  

• 2 weeks later...