Clay County 2015

Just saw in the HC that they passed a "maintenance of effort" budget at the deadline last night to keep schools open?

But they'll have to fund the federal mandates at some point they have no choice.

The article also said that this was the first year the school board had asked for additional funding in over 15 years. Gotta find a way.

Now speaking of Mr. Endicott, if he wants to come up to Cookeville and play quarterback his senior year we'd be glad to have him!

already inrolled in uH. Onlyy focusing on baseball and basketball. I guess the 6'8 height Had something to do with that choice.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

already inrolled in uH. Onlyy focusing on baseball and basketball. I guess the 6'8 height Had something to do with that choice.

I know that UCM I saw him playing with UH in summer basketball. That was mostly a joke but... that doesn't mean he can't find his way 8 miles east next year some how ;) Edited by THE SQUAD

I know that UCM I saw him playing with UH in summer basketball. That was mostly a joke but... that doesn't mean he can't find his way 8 miles east next year some how ;)

He could, but with baseball and basketball as a priority, I think he feels UH is his best fit. I hear the main reason to give up on football was not being able to beat out the Watts kid. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

He could, but with baseball and basketball as a priority, I think he feels UH is his best fit. I hear the main reason to give up on football was not being able to beat out the Watts kid.

Well if that's the only reason I hate to hear that.

He may not have beat Watts out, Watts is the real deal. At least he was against the Cavs. But he didn't even come out & try to compete with him did he?

That's the only reason I mentioned Cookeville. We have 2 senior quarterbacks and the other 2 are Sophs. Don't have a Junior. If he really wanted to try to play QB somewhere his senior year I'm sure he could start for the Cavs.

Plus him & Ayden Gist would make quite a senior duo on the basketball court as well!

Just wishful thinking! :)

Football was not a consideration at Upperman and that is a decision Josh put a lot of effort in. At 6' 8" 180# not ideal size for football and with the opportunities he has in basketball and baseball he decided not to play football. Also as was already mentioned playing three sport kills the ability to workout and prepare for the other sports. It's finish one and then straight to the other one. This is the first summer he has played basketball all summer and will be the first time he will be ready for basketball when it starts. He is playing in the Rocky Top league in Knoxville now on Saturdays with team Upchurch. He is looking forward to the up coming season and competing in district 8AA.

Football was not a consideration at Upperman and that is a decision Josh put a lot of effort in. At 6' 8" 180# not ideal size for football and with the opportunities he has in basketball and baseball he decided not to play football. Also as was already mentioned playing three sport kills the ability to workout and prepare for the other sports. It's finish one and then straight to the other one. This is the first summer he has played basketball all summer and will be the first time he will be ready for basketball when it starts. He is playing in the Rocky Top league in Knoxville now on Saturdays with team Upchurch. He is looking forward to the up coming season and competing in district 8AA.

good luck to him. You have to lab for your future. Kudos to him for recognizing his strengths and focusing on them

Well if that's the only reason I hate to hear that.

He may not have beat Watts out, Watts is the real deal. At least he was against the Cavs. But he didn't even come out & try to compete with him did he?

That's the only reason I mentioned Cookeville. We have 2 senior quarterbacks and the other 2 are Sophs. Don't have a Junior. If he really wanted to try to play QB somewhere his senior year I'm sure he could start for the Cavs.

Plus him & Ayden Gist would make quite a senior duo on the basketball court as well!

Just wishful thinking! :)

he and Gist would make a good combo but in the big skeem of things his chances to go further in the post season are at UH. Not trying to down CHS, just looking at the track record of each program. That goes for baseball too.

he and Gist would make a good combo but in the big skeem of things his chances to go further in the post season are at UH. Not trying to down CHS, just looking at the track record of each program. That goes for baseball too.

😂Hahahaha I knew the ol UHS homer would come back eventually. You just can't help it! You must think I don't follow basketball? Upperman was bad last year. Real bad. 6-8 in district 8AA and lost 1st round of the district tourney. The Cavs were 23-10/8-2 in district and made it to the region semis before losing to state tourney participant Sparta. Cavs have almost everyone back as they only had a couple of seniors. Now add Ayden Gist?... Yes Josh will make Upperman much better but if he were in Cookeville he would have a MUCH better chance of going further in the playoffs this upcoming season.

Baseball is a toss up as both won their district and lost in the region last season. The Cavs did make the state tournament in 2014 though.

You can't go by what they did 20-30 years ago UCM.

Edited by THE SQUAD

😂Hahahaha I knew the ol UHS homer would come back eventually. You just can't help it! You must think I don't follow basketball? Upperman was bad last year. Real bad. 6-8 in district 8AA and lost 1st round of the district tourney. The Cavs were 23-10/8-2 in district and made it to the region semis before losing to state tourney participant Sparta. Cavs have almost everyone back as they only had a couple of seniors. Now add Ayden Gist?... Yes Josh will make Upperman much better but if he were in Cookeville he would have a MUCH better chance of going further in the playoffs this upcoming season.

Baseball is a toss up as both won their district and lost in the region last season. The Cavs did make the state tournament in 2014 though.

You can't go by what they did 20-30 years ago UCM.

My reasoning....Both teams got almost everyone back. Add a 6'8 player into AAA, or to AA...and track record is that UH been to at least 3 state tourns since i have follwed the area sports. Guffy might be the best shooting guard in the 5 county area, UH was just missing a post presence. Baseball, no question on UH. With 6'3 pitchers in Cannon(all-state) and Fellow twin 6'3 pitchers the Stanon brothers, adding this kid might give UH the best pitching staff in the state regardless of class. Cannon is being rumored to be a high draft pick and being recruited by Stanford. CHS best baseball team, maybe ever, was 2013 not 2014 and got bumped out first round outside district play. Track record means alot, I think both basketball and baseball for UH with make state this year.

My reasoning....Both teams got almost everyone back. Add a 6'8 player into AAA, or to AA...and track record is that UH been to at least 3 state tourns since i have follwed the area sports. Guffy might be the best shooting guard in the 5 county area, UH was just missing a post presence. Baseball, no question on UH. With 6'3 pitchers in Cannon(all-state) and Fellow twin 6'3 pitchers the Stanon brothers, adding this kid might give UH the best pitching staff in the state regardless of class. Cannon is being rumored to be a high draft pick and being recruited by Stanford. CHS best baseball team, maybe ever, was 2013 not 2014 and got bumped out first round outside district play. Track record means alot, I think both basketball and baseball for UH with make state this year.

Well ok then you've got big plans for these boys I see. So Josh is great enough that he'll make em both state tournament teams? I hope you're right, I really do.

BTW the 2013 Cavs baseball team was nowhere near the best. The best teams make it the farthest. I was on 3 Cavs baseball teams that won 30+ games and we weren't the best. The best Cavs baseball team was the 1974 team that finished State Runner-Up to Tullahoma. And until a Cavalier Baseball team finishes as State Champion, the '74 team will be the best. *Former Upperman High legendary coach Wayne Shanks was a member of that team too btw*

Edited by THE SQUAD